• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

How to Timelapse and Hyperlapse, a written Guide

#1 noealz
I've been working on a guide to help people get started with timelapse and hyperlapse.

It is currently 3 parts, but will be 4 and I think people could really appreciate it.

1) Timelapse
2) Hyperlapse
3) Lightroom Post production
4) After Effects post production

http://www.rok-on.net/how-to-timelapse/

Enjoy!
#2 richparry
Nice job, I am looking forward to the AE version.

Good luck and thanks,
Rich
Canon user: 5DM3, 5DM2, Rhino Slider (24" & 42"), Emotimo TB3. Use Adobe ACR and AE.
#3 noealz
(2013-01-13, 21:28)richparry Wrote: Nice job, I am looking forward to the AE version.

Good luck and thanks,
Rich

AE guide is up!

http://www.rok-on.net/timelapse-hyperlap...r-effects/
#4 richparry
I have read your Hyperlapse post-processing AE guide, great stuff. Got a question.

You mention adding "Warp Stabilization" but say nothing about the many parameters and options that AE provides once you invoke stabilization. Should I assume the "default" stabilization settings are fine and shouldn't be changed?

If the parameters should be adjusted, can you suggest a few options that you have found work well.

thanks,
Rich
Canon user: 5DM3, 5DM2, Rhino Slider (24" & 42"), Emotimo TB3. Use Adobe ACR and AE.
#5 noealz
(2013-01-14, 20:12)richparry Wrote: I have read your Hyperlapse post-processing AE guide, great stuff. Got a question.

You mention adding "Warp Stabilization" but say nothing about the many parameters and options that AE provides once you invoke stabilization. Should I assume the "default" stabilization settings are fine and shouldn't be changed?

If the parameters should be adjusted, can you suggest a few options that you have found work well.

thanks,
Rich

There's a small section about the parameters, but really the only one I ever change is smoothness. I always crank it to 100- but it will crop more. As long as you don't go over auto-scale percentage of 125, you should be fine

...also check out: