• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How to use Auto Holy Grail with DslrDashboard

#111 glim1989
Just tested the app a couple nights ago on my D750 for a sunset.
I followed all the steps, but the frames got dark really fast, to the point where I could not recover any details in the shadows.
I clicked the "+" button as instructed, however did not see any difference. I even clicked it 9 times in one go. No difference.

The app was sampling images, and I could see the shutter speed and ISO changing as it got darker. Just not fast enough.

Am I missing something or doing something wrong?
#112 Gunther
If you are close to the equator, maybe you need to use shorter intervals. Make also sure that the camera has enough time to write the image, transmit the previews and process the commands to change its settings. You can also set qDDB in the settings on the LRT screen to read out every 2nd instead of every 3rd image.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#113 veewinch
I'm confused about how to set the shutter speed on external interval timer.
My TC252 can be only set to static shutter speed, interval time but qDslrDashboard can ramp using shutter speed for "Auto Holy Grail". Once it gets darker, the shutter speed is longer but the external interval timer's shutter speed still be the same and that can block the camera.
For example: I shoot sun set. I cannot set shutter speed to 3 seconds on 6 pm. because it is too bright. (as you said 2 seconds on DDB shorter than interval, so on DDB longest must be 1 second).
I maybe set the shutter speed to 0 on interval timer and interval time (wait time between shots) is 3 seconds and let DDB decide how much it should be.
When it gets dark around 7 or 8 pm. The shutter speed maybe increased to 5 seconds, with this speed the shutter speed and interval time on external timer may not sync with the real shutter speed on camera and it can block DDB as you said in https://lrtimelapse.com/dslrdashboard/

I cannot get this to work properly. Could you explain more about this please?
#114 Gunther
The intervalometer should have nothing to do with the shutter speed. The shutter speed will always be set on the Camera in M mode.
Important: Some intervalometers offer shutter speed settings for Bulb shooting, don't use this for timelapse!

So for time lapse shooting make sure that the releasetime of the intervalometer is set as short as possible (mostly you can set the shutter time to 0 for this) - the shutter speed will be controlled by the camera. And qDDB will be able to change that shutterspeed - again, totally independently from the intervalomter. The intervalometer is only responsible for the interval! That's the only thing you should set there, all other values (delay, shutter etc.) to 0.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#115 veewinch
Thank you Smile

These are my videos using DDB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dA-qODHqKk4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3GuTcbhQQc

The other parts are pending...

...also check out: