• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How to use Auto Holy Grail with DslrDashboard

#21 Gunther
I mostly shoot milkyway with 16 seconds max (with the D600 or 6D this is just enough).
Interval ramping might be an option to implement, but I don't like the acceleration - when you have clouds you will clearly see that. It would have to take place inbetween sunset and the stars rising but it would be noticeable.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#22 aaronpriest
I'm usually at 14mm, f/2.8, 30 seconds, and ISO 2500 to 3200 for Milky Way around here. My D700 won't cleanly go higher than that, and even 3200 is not ideal, so 30 seconds is a must. With the Ramper Pro I set my interval ramping from 15 seconds (about 4 photos per minute) to 3 seconds (about 2 photos per minute at 30 second shutter) over 96-120 frames when I hit about 5 or 10 second shutter speeds so it's very gradual when played back at 24fps and barely noticeable that you almost doubled speed in 4-5 seconds of real time playback. Of course, it depends on how much cloud cover and how fast they are moving. Ideally you want to have ramped the interval soon enough before the Milky Way really shows so the Milky Way appears to keep a constant speed. I'm still experimenting with those numbers. 120 frames can be too long if the light changes fast because you bump into your shutter speed length. The Ramper Pro seems to handle that OK, but you aren't getting a smooth interval ramp either at that point because it's adding it to the length of your shutter. It's hard to find much advice about interval ramping...
#23 carlso2
Yes, this new version qDslrDashboard seems to work well on Android with the TP-Link.
Let me ask, since it's a beta, and wasn't available thru Google Play, is there any time expiration on this version? I'd just like to know in case I get lazy and stoop following this forum for a few weeks.

Thanks very much. Gunther and Zoltan are really propelling the TL software world forward. It's amazing.
#24 Gunther
I don't think it has an expiration date. Thank you for the feedback!
#25 carlso2
Where can we get the official LRTimelapse bottle cap opener, as demonstrated in the most recent qDSLRDashboard video?
#26 aaronpriest
(2014-06-24, 14:29)carlso2 Wrote: Where can we get the official LRTimelapse bottle cap opener, as demonstrated in the most recent qDSLRDashboard video?

Hahahaha! That was pretty smooth Gunther!
#27 Gunther
;-)
#28 newkular
OK, so this is a real bummer.

In trying to get my D7000 to work with DslrDashboard in LRTimelapse mode, I am unable to get the software to "see" images made with the onboard intervalometer. When I press the physical shutter release button on the camera, the software loads the image just fine.

Since there is no available external intervalometer for this camera (that doesn't take up the camera's USB port), and the software isn't seeing images that the onboard intervalometer is triggering (via DslrDashboard since it is grayed out in the camera's menus), this would seem to be a Catch-22.

Is anyone aware of a solution to this?
#29 Gunther
I can't stress it enough: it's not recommended to use the internal intervalometer.
There are loads of intervalometers that work with the D7000 (not via usb, they use the gps port), for example the pixel timer, that's what I use.
#30 newkular
Thanks. I need to work on my Google-fu. I was able to find a gajillion hits for "gwegner" telling me not to use the onboard intervalometer, but I came up short on finding anything other than a USB-connected external one.

Thanks again.

...also check out: