• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How to use qDslrDashboard and Auto Holy Grail

#11 Gunther
Basically yes, but it won't necessarily happen instantly. By changing the reference value you just define that the adjustments will happen either sooner or later. This leads to a very smooth progression.

Sent mobile with Tapatalk.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#12 adphoto
Can u disclose of how many EV decrease/increase each press of "-" / "+" button?
#13 Gunther
It's not EV - it's just 10% steps. In practical use I Do one or two presses then let the camera run again for some time. Just observe the "Floating AVG" value (the indicator for the luminance of the current image) and the Reference (the indicator for the target value, where the next adjustment will happen).

BTW: Normally you don't use the "Set Reference" button at all, Reference will be set automatially when starting the "Auto Holy Grail" and then just changed with the +/- buttons if necessary.
#14 adphoto
Thank you very much for your valuable help!
Will try to follow your instruction.
#15 Gunther
You are welcome. I'm sure you'll get the idea very quickly.

Sent mobile with Tapatalk.
#16 Payostesaggox
It's engaging not just elegant!
#17 rupamgupta
Hi, 

I have a question at this point:

Once the camera is set and I am happy with the sample capture, on pressing Auto Holy Grail button I suppose qDDB + LRT gets activated. 
but as I understand, it also starts working (and ramping) when I trigger the start button on the external Intervalometer. 

The APP does not need any START button to be pressed - right?

Thanks in Advance
#18 Gunther
I'd always use an external intervalometer. Once you start it, qddb starts receiving and will do the ramping when auto holy grail is activated.

sent mobile via tapatalk...
#19 cogubr
Hey everyone, I'm trying to figure out what I am doing wrong here.

I'm doing a sunset timelapse and I set my camera to the appropriate exposure for the time.
Then I set the slowest shutter, the max and min aperture, the lowest and highest iso,
Then I hit capture sample, check if its ok, click Auto Holy Grail and then I start shooting with my intervalometer.
For some reason, the only thing that changes is the shutter speed, the aperture and iso doesn't
My goal is to make this work so I can shoot sunsets where ends up with astrophotography shots, so I want to start with ISO 100 and end up with 3200.

What am I doing wrong?
#20 kimjelly
How long did you leave it to run?
I've not used aperture, but I think it goes... Shutter first, then ISO, then aperture.
So aperture/ISO won't ramp until after you've reached your longest shutter speed.
You might already know that, more info might help. What camera and what
settings did you use?

...also check out: