• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Florida Everglades in the Time of Coronavirus

Photo
#1 Dale Davis
To all:

Please view my latest video.

https://vimeo.com/399682908

Full screen and sound. Comments always welcomed.

The coronavirus has forced social distancing on us all. Tired of staying in the house, I drove over 150 miles Saturday (round trip) from Coral Gables to half way across the State of Florida on I-75 towards Naples. This road passes through the fabled Florida Everglades, and there is a nice canal where there are many roadside recreational areas. People can put in their boats, observe the bird life, and any age or social class can fish without being within 6 feet of anyone else. This is an idea place to fly a drone. No obstacles to avoid (power wires, trees) and the view of the famous "Sea of Grass" can be seen from a great vantage point. The video is 3 minutes long, and is a multi-media effort, e.g.: aerial drone photography, timelapse photography with a motion slide (last clip), regular timelapse (Nikon D750 on a Really Right Stuff tripod), the DJI Osmo Pocket set on timelapse, and the DJI Osmo Action video camera (like a Go Pro) also used for timelapse. All timelapses were processed using LR Time-lapse software, and the video was produced with Adobe Premiere Pro. Music by Music bed.
#2 AndyMc
Thanks for posting Dale.
Count yourself lucky to be able to drive out to a location. We in the UK are only allowed out of our homes once for exercise purposes and not allowed to drive to a location. I think I'd be pushing it hanging around anywhere waiting for a sequence to complete without getting fined :-)
Stills only for me for the time being whilst walking the dogs, unless I timelapse the weeds growing in the garden (what's the point in gardening when I can't get rid of the waste).
#3 rodrigo
Hi Andy Mc, you could always time lapse yourself weeding the garden. :-)
#4 AndyMc
Haha, unfortunately the weeds grow faster than me :-)

...also check out: