• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I can not open templates or presets in Lightroom?

#1 Ralimage
Hi,

I am having problems importing the Video user presets and Slideshow templates I downloaded from LRTimelapse into Lightroom. I cannot figure out how do get them to show up in Lightroom?
I have tried the instructions (numerous times):
Lightroom -> Preferences on Mac
- Click on Presets, then click Show Lightroom Presets Folder.
- Open the Lightroom Sub-Folder.
- Unzip the full content of this archive into that folder including the subdirectories

but nothing shows up in Lightroom ? What is wrong? Why can't I open or find?

Help please...
#2 Gunther
In the readme.txt of the Presets archive you'll find a schematics how the folder structure should look like after extracting. Please make sure the extraction created all the folders correctly.
After correct install the slideshow templates appear in the slideshow module, the video presets in the video export file dialog when you open up the dropdown box.

This is the folder structure again that you will need, normally it is created automatically when extracting:

Code:
+ Lightroom
| +--Slideshow Templates
| | +--User Templates
| |   +--LRT_slide_......
| |   +--LRT_slide_......
| +--Video Presets
| | +--User Presets
| |   +--Video ..... .lrtemplate
| |   +--Video ..... .lrtemplate
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 DonDP
Friends, I am a new boy in this form. The problem is attempting to download the precepts and templates to Light Room4 on my Apple system. The information shows up under the Lightroom preset file but not in the programme user inserts. I have successfully done this manoeuvre on my Windows 7 laptop in Light room 4. DonDP
#4 Gunther
Hi, please check out this faq entry with an in-depth explanation:
http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-how-...ee-and-pro
#5 DonDP
I have successfully installed the templates and presets in my Windows 7 location laptop. However I cannot seem to be able to install these files in my Apple system.

Attached is a grab of the transfer but they do not appear to in LR 4 as users presets. Don

(2012-06-29, 10:15)gwegner Wrote: Hi, please check out this faq entry with an in-depth explanation:
http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-how-...ee-and-pro
#6 Gunther
I don't see anything attached. And I'm really sure, you missed something. Please follow the advices carefully and I'm pretty sure it will work. As it does for all other Apple users. Please note that the video presets do not appear in the left panel, the only appear in the video export dialog!
#7 santibon
(2012-06-29, 11:50)gwegner Wrote: I don't see anything attached. And I'm really sure, you missed something. Please follow the advices carefully and I'm pretty sure it will work. As it does for all other Apple users. Please note that the video presets do not appear in the left panel, the only appear in the video export dialog!

Hi gwegner, maybe it's an issue with OSX 10.8, but I have the same problem.
Also, if I try to "import" the *.lrtemplate file there is an error "not valid file".
I've downloaded many times the files (avoiding corruption) but same result.
My LR version is: 3.6

Any idea?
Cheers.
#8 Gunther
Importing directly never worked! This error is normal.
You have to follow the procedure described in the linked thread. Maybe 10.8's new security mechanisms cause trouble, I don't have it so unfortunately I can't test it.

Maybe there is another user here with 10.8 that can confirm if it works or not?
Are you sure you followed the description step by step?
#9 olekvi
(2012-08-22, 22:15)gwegner Wrote: Maybe there is another user here with 10.8 that can confirm if it works or not?
Are you sure you followed the description step by step?

I'm using LRTimelapse Pro templates and presets with Lightroom 4 on Mountain Lion. Installed as the readme told me, and it's working great!
#10 Gunther
Thank you!
Lightroom 6
gregm
2015-04-26, 09:54
Last Post: Gunther

...also check out: