• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LRTimelapse will not run on my MAC

Star
#1 ivanlee
Hey guys...first post here. I tried everything, I've read the FAQ and didn't find any answer...
LRTimelapse just won't run... nothing happens. My Mac has 4gb of ram, so it's not memory related... and I've put the program on the applications folder...

any ideas? because I'm looking for an alternative program...

thanks!
#2 Gunther
It could be that your 4GB is not enough for the amount of RAM java wants to allocate by default.
Please follow the instructions here: http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-lrti...art-on-mac to change the amount of ram reserved for LRTimelapse, this should get you going. Please make sure as well, that you have the lates Java update installed.

BTW: Afaik there is no real alternative ;-)
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 ivanlee
I have done that already... and the Java is up to date! it still does not open!

Any more ideas?

Thanks!
#4 Gunther
Open the Mac Console (log file), clear everything and than lauch LRTimelapse. What ist the output? (set the filter to "LRTimelaspe")
#5 ivanlee
Is that it?

3/11/12 11:29:46 PM [0x0-0x373373].com.zipeg.Zipeg[7008] [JavaAppLauncher] Requested [1.5*], launching in [1.6] instead.

3/11/12 11:30:49 PM com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[121] ([0x0-0x377377].lrtimelapse.LRTimelapseApp[7025]) posix_spawn("/Applications/LRTimelapse.app/Contents/MacOS/JavaApplicationStub", ...): Permission denied

3/11/12 11:30:49 PM com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[121] ([0x0-0x377377].lrtimelapse.LRTimelapseApp[7025]) Exited with exit code: 1

#6 ivanlee
I've found the answer in another thread

I just put in terminal: chmod 777 /Applications/LRTimelapse.app/Contents/MacOS/JavaApplicationStub

Thanks!
#7 Gunther
Glad you sorted that out! Thanks for sharing the solution!
#8 Gunther
Just moved this to the FAQ.

...also check out: