• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Iceland - Beautifully Quiet... (Timelapse with some slowmotion scenes)

#1 glosoli
Hi everyone Smile

[Video: http://vimeo.com/29179043]

In summer 2011 one of my dreams came true: Visiting Iceland.

Nordic countries have fascinated me for a long time. Ever since I started travelling in these regions (e.g. Canada, Norway) I was drawn back to these rather cold and mystical regions. To see Iceland with my own eyes has been on the top of my list for a long time.

The stay in Iceland was superb. The whole variety of the scenery, ranging from rough coastlines to vast glaciers, from endless grasslands to deserts was impressive. I wanted to keep the memory of those landscapes not only in my head, so of course I brought my camera to take pictures… and to do another timelapse movie.

When I think back to Iceland, words like mystical, beautiful, quiet, powerful, energetic, water, steam, sky keep popping up to my head.. so I tried to include some of these thoughts in the film. I also experimented with a compact digicam to shoot some other sequences in normal movie mode, which I included as slow motions in the film.

I hope you enjoy it Smile

Locations:
Reykjavik, Þingvellir, Landmannalaugar, Kerlingarfjöll, Eyjafjord, sourroundings of Dalvik, Dettifoss, Krafla, Mývatn, Snæfell National Park, Arkanes peninsula, Eyjafjallajökull, Hverarönd, Broddanes

Equipment:
- Canon EOS 50D
- Canon EFS 15-85mm
- Joby Gorillapod
- Standard tripod
- Apurture timer remote
- Sony DSC HX5

Edited using LRTimelapse (deflicker, color and brightness adaptions), JES Deinterlacer (slow motion), Virtual Dub (deshake) and iMovie.
#2 Gunther
Very nice Video with great impressions of an amazing landscapes! Thank you for sharing. I'm going to link this in the LRTimelapse facebook channel.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: