• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Closed

Image rotation...

#1 latsap
Hi all,

We recently had a camera hanging from a ceiling pointing straight down. It ran over 5 days and I have approximately 4000 photographs.

Unfortunately, they are coming to LR in varied rotations....

Is there a quick way to get them all to the same rotation?

Has anyone come across this before?

Thanks very much.

Cheers

andrew
Architectural Photographer
Vancouver CAN / Melbourne AUS
#2 Gunther
HI Andrew, it depends on if and how the camera writes the image orientation.
Check out the LRTimelapse Table, on the very right you might see one or two columns with values for orientation. See if they are different, if so, you can right click on the table header and "fill down" the column, to equilize them. Save and reload metadata in LIghtroom.
If you don't see such orientation columns most likely the values in them are equal and the columns are hidden (you can check via "Show all columns" toggle button on the top left of the table.)
Another way might be to user Lightroom filters. You can add a filter to the metadata section, and choose "aspect ratio / portrait" and then rotate only those images. Remember to clear the filter after that, then save metadata for the whole sequence, and reload metadata in LRTimelapse.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 latsap
Hi Gunther,

This worked perfectly! Thanks so much!

Cheers

Andrew
Architectural Photographer
Vancouver CAN / Melbourne AUS
#4 Gunther
May I ask, which of the solutions worked for you?
#5 atmosphere
Hi Gunther,
I’m having the same issue and have been driving crazy for hours trying to find a solution.

I’m happy to find that “fill down” and it seems to work (it changes to the good orientation in lrtimelapse) BUT I should be missing some step in the part you say “Save and reload metadata in LIghtroom”.

My question is: how exactly reload the metadata in Lightroom? I can’t find that function (I’m in Lightroom classic and have done hundreds of Timelapses with lrtimelapse and Lightroom. I can only find “read metadata” or “save metadata”.

What step I am missing?

Thanks
#6 Gunther
Reload means "read metadata from files“ in Lightroom.
Which version of LRTimelapse are you using? This thread is in the LRT 5 section....
#7 atmosphere
Hi Gunther,

Thanks so much for your quick reply. I am really driving crazy with this. I will try what you are saying.

I'm using the version 5.8, I believe it's the one I purchased a few years ago. Shouldn't I been using it?

Again, thank you for your help.
#8 atmosphere
Well, big drama here: it's not working.

It gives me this message...
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#9 Gunther
The message tells you pretty well, what's wrong: you are trying to export images with different orienations and aspect ratios. This is going to make the encoder fail.
You need to make sure that you only have selected images of your timelapse sequence and that that images are all having the same orientation.

Also, LRTimelapse 5 is out of support since quite some time now. You should upgrade to LRTimelapse 6 which is the currently maintained and supported version. I will close this thread now. If you have issues with LRT 6, please open a new thread in the appropriate board.

...also check out: