• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Image sequence in multiple folders.

#1 3Dlunatic
Hello,

I just purchased LRTimelapse professional version, thank you for this awesome product. I watched the tutorial videos, but have one question which I cannot find the answer to in the Frequently Asked Questions on the forum:

I have a Nikon D90 camera, and shoot timelapse (about 7000 .NEF images per memory card). The camera starts by putting the images in a folder called 100NCD90, and names them _DSC0001.NEF to _DSC0999.NEF. Then instead of going to 1000, it creates a new folder (called 101NCD90) and continues to put the next images in it, using the SAME NAMES as in the previous folder.

So by the end, I have about 8 folders (named 100NCD90 to 107NCD90) containing identically named images, each folder with 999 images.

The problem is I cannot copy all these images into a single folder, because they are named identically and I will overwrite. I have to work with 8 folders in sequence. How can I use 8 folders of images to create a single timelapse video? Please help!

Thank you!!
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
Just use the LRTimelapse importer (File/Import) to bring the images from the card to your harddrive. It will take care of the naming and put everything into one folder, just set a checkmark on "Rename files to YYYY-MM-DD"....
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 3Dlunatic
Vielen dank!

...also check out: