• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Images drastically changing when importing from LRT to LR

#1 Joe_Belanger
When I import my raw files directly into Lightroom they are just as they were in my camera. When I drag them in from LRT they all completely change drastically, most way too dark. This never happened before but is happening now. It is making my images 2-3 stops too dark. Is there any way to turn that off in light room? This is a deal killer for me as I am carefully exposing my night images so they are not dark, especially my moonlit shots. They should not be dark and in fact aren't in the camera. But are nearly black now in LR.

I need a work around.

Joe
#2 Gunther
Most likely you are using the holy grail wizard but forgot to rotate the orange curve to come as close to the horizontal line. If the orange curve is Belize, the images will get darker, if it's above, they will get brighter. That's why there are sliders to set this on the holy grail wizard.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Joe_Belanger
Thanks for the response. I have a wild situation. I shot a day to night. About 30 minutes after night started a full moon came up (as I planed) to light up the Grand Canyon. So my luminance curve has large swings. The image with the orange line much higher than the center line is the original. The other image is where I think the positioning to the center line fits best. The night exposure with the moon is almost as bright as the daytime exposure and that period where there was no moon and no sun is nearly dark.

Appreciate your thoughts on how you would position the Holy Grail curve.

Joe
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

...also check out: