• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Images go very dark when imported into Lightroom

#1 pringle
I have a day to night timelapse and have encountered a strange problem. When I Drag to Lightroom the imported images go very dark and underexposed. This doesn't happen when I import the same stills from a different folder (i.e. not via LRTimelapse). I have tried adjusting the keyframes as per the usual workflow and compensating for the underexposure, but the resulting timelapse flows in and out of dark and light exposure, presumably because it is trying to create a smooth flow between the adjusted key frames and the underexposed rest of the sequence.

Similarly, I have tried using the Quick Devleop > Saved Preset > Default Settings button within Lightroom as this seems to return the images to their normal exposure, but then after processing the key frames and taking back to LRTimelapse the resulting timelapse starts very dark and then becomes very over-exposed at the end.

I have attached screen grabs showing what the first image looks like in LRTimelapse (and how it was shot) and what they look like when imported into Lightroom.

It is baffling, any help would be much appreciated.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
If you use the holy grail wizard, you need to rotate the orange curve in order to get it close to the middle line. The way you did it, the images at the beginning will get dark (low orange curve) and those at the end get bright (high orange curve). I've explained that in the holy grail tutorial and the instructions.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 pringle
Bingo. Thank you Gunther. I am sorry for not having diagnosed this myself. I have watched (and admired) your tutorials but hadn't put two and two together! Really appreciate your help, and thanks for an amazing piece of software.

...also check out: