• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Images not in order

#1 nikonman05
Hi! I just discovered a new problem for me. When loading a sequence into LRT, some images are not in right order, even if they are in the right order and the time shows that they are in order. Someway they got stacked. As you can see by the peaks in the screenshot, an image which should be in the end (with no sun), suddenly shows up in the middle of the sequence. When I "play it" in Lightroom, everything is ok, and the images are in the right order, but when I load it in LRT, some strange things are happening.

#2 nikonman05
I have also encountered a new problem. After loading the images in LRT and saved, I can´t "Read Metadata" in LR. The choice is grayed out. This is also for other sequences (without the "stacking"-problem) than the above mentioned. On some images there is a exclamation mark with this message: "The metadata for these one or more of these photos has been changed by both Lightroom and another application. Should Lightroom import settings from disk or overwrite disk settings with those from the catalog?" if that has something to do with it. I have done nothing else with the images.
#3 Gunther
For the Lightroom problem that "read metadata" is greyed out, most likely the sequence is not in sync. That means, you have removed images via LRTimelapse that are still in the Lightroom catalog as "orphaned". Right click on the folder in Lightroom, then "Synchronize folder" to fix this.

For the scrambled previews in LRTimelapse try hitting "Shift F5" to rebuild the previews, this should fix it.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#4 nikonman05
Shift + F5 worked perferctly!
Synchronize folder worked perfectly!
You are a genius Smile
#5 cdelehanty
How do you explain the scrambled previews? I get this problem a lot and I'm following the recommended workflow.
#6 Gunther
Avoid interrupting the initial preview generation. Sometimes when you quickly change folders while the previews are being generated, this can happen. Once the initial preview generation has finished, your can switch folders easily without that happening.
If you use the LRTimelapse importer, previews will get generated while importing then you won't get that problem too.

Mobile via Tapatalk.
#7 cdelehanty
Thanks for the tips Gunther!
#8 cdelehanty
I still don't understand why the images would be scrambled on reload to LRTimelapse if sort by capture time is not selected in LR. Is there an easy way to explain what's going on when I make this error?

Here's my workflow and then I'll explain what confuses me. I set key frames in LRTimelapse. Sort is set to capture time by default. (I do not have sort by filename selected*) Then I save and drag to lightroom. In LR i don't have sort by capture time selected but the key frames are still in the right order. I edit them and then save metadata and then reload in LRTimelapse, auto transition and save. When I hit Visual Preview I see that the image order is scrambled.

A few things confuse me. Whether the images are ordered by capture time or filename they should be ordered the same since the whole time-lapse is serialized. Also when I go through the metadata on each of the out of place images it shows the correct filename for the image that should follow the previous image numerically but it is very obviously not the image that should match that filename. It also shows the capture time order is correct. I would expect to see capture times all over the place if the order were scrambled.

Thank you!
Colin
#9 Gunther
It's only the previews being assigned to the wrong images. I'll see if I can prevent this with the next upgrade but it's difficult because it's caused by an asynchronicity between LRTimelapse and exiftool.

Mobile via Tapatalk.
#10 Gunther
Shift F5 will redo the previews and fix this.

...also check out: