• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Images number duplicated by camera

#1 rodrigo
Hi All,

I have an oportunity, (problem), today I took a timelapse involving 3905 images the first card has the images  from _74A7475.cr2, time 07:10:29 and the last in the same card has the number _74A0473 time 13:04:21.
When the 1st 128GB card became full I swap it with a new card, the card but unfortunately it had some images that I have taken before the first card, so the number on the second card began _74A7471.CR2, time 13:05:14 and end with image _74A8378.CR2 time 14:48:42.
As you can see the image number are duplicated, there are 908 photos with the same number than in the 1st card, though the time that where taken is different therefore when I import them into a folder I get the message saying this sequence of photos already exist do you wish to replace them, of course I don't.
how can I get over this?

Thank you for your kind reply/help.

Rodrigo
#2 Gunther
Just use the LRTimelapse importer, then this won't happen. The importer will rename the files with a date/time prefix in order to avoid this situation. If you have already copied those file to the harddrive, you can as well use the LRTimelapse renaming feature. Load the sequence in LRT and hit "F2".
I recommend to always use the LRTimelapse importer when bringing the images from the card to the harddrive. It makes life so much easier. You can later easily split the sequences in LRTimelapse (select subsequence, right mouse button -> new folder from selection).
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 rodrigo
Thanks Gunther for your kind reply, That will teach me to format the cards before starting or swapping cards for a time lapse sequence.

regards,

Rodrigo
#4 Gunther
Not necessarily. If you use the same folder, LRTimelapse won't import duplicates.
What I do is shoot several time-lapse onto one card, then import via LRT, split the sequences as explained and format the card.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 rodrigo
Hi Gunther, brilliant way to import images without cut or copy using the pc system to do it. Also you save time as LRT loads it straight on board as well.

Thank you very much for pointing that out.

Rodrigo

...also check out: