• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Importing from Lightroom

#1 diveski
I am deteriming if LRTimelapse is for me. I already have files in lightroom that I want to import to LRtimelapse. Is there specfic instructions on how to do this? It has been hit or miss for me. Do i have to export to the desktop 1st? I seem to get the rendor video screen coming up 1st thing? The experimental free download, does it work for flicker becasue you can only export in jpeg. I shoot in raw and all my files in Lightroom are in raw.
Thank you
#2 Gunther
No, you just open the folder in LRTimelapse and do the regular workflow. The only difference is, that you don't import into Lightroom after the first workflow row, instead you do "Metadata/Read Metadata from files".
Please follow the instructions here step by step when doing it the first time:
https://lrtimelapse.com/workflow/visual-workflow/
You can also watch the basic tutorial: https://lrtimelapse.com/tutorial/
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 diveski
I am sorry but this is not working for me . My lightroom catalog is on a external hard drive (if that makes a difference) and that does not show up on choices (left bottom part of theLRt face) to import from so I exported the files to my desktop and I can see that folder on my desk top with the files inside. When i choose import file from LRt box (upper left) it creates a folder on the bottom left side but with no files in it. Then I tried to import directly from lightroom library to LRt with lrt5 filter chosen and the render video box comes up not the template to go through the program ? Hope you can help as I would like to use your program. now the import source box is doing nothing but spinning
#4 Gunther
It doesn't work, because you didn't do what I suggested.
It doesn't matter where your catalog is. Don't copy or import your files anywhere (delete those copies, remove them from Lightroom). Just open the original folder in LRTimelapse - don't "Import" - just select the folder on your harddrive from the folder tree in the LRTimelapse app. LRTimelapse is a stand alone App that will not be launched from Lightroom.
Please do yourself a favor and have a look at my tutorial video. That's why I made it - it's easier to explain it in video then write down everything again here.
#5 diveski
I did watch your video. More then once. My problem is the external hard drive does not show up in the Folder tree so I can not chose it. By the way your book that I bought is fantastic.
#6 Gunther
That's something else, that you didn't mention. External Harddrives on Mac will be under "Volumes". Please check.
#7 diveski
Wow , Everything is working great. The speed of the time-lapse is to fast. Can I slow down the frames per second after it is made?
Thank you
#8 Gunther
There is an option for speed in the render dialog. But of course it will be better to shoot with shorter intervals next time.

...also check out: