• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Importing into to Adobe after effects

#1 dirkster
Hi folks
I’m a newbie looking for some advice, I’ve been through the post workflow using LR timelapse, but i would like to import my image sequence into adobe after effects so I can keep the files in raw format and choose to output as pro res, the problem I’m encountering is when I drag the folder into after effects from my hard drive only one photo goes into AE, I’ve checked everything including making sure the metadata is read from from files etc
Any help would be appreciated, I’m sure it’s finger trouble on my part.. technical dunce!
A step by step Guide on this part of the post process particularly the point at which I’m exporting and editing in AE to achieve a pro res output would be great!
Kind regards
Dirk
#2 Gunther
You need to load it as image sequence. But even then processing with after effects doesn't guarantee that your xmp Data will be correctly applied and it will be really slow.
Why not doing the regular workflow with LRTimelapse and render in ProRes fein LRTimelapse? That's much faster, less error prone and gives the same results.

Sent mobile...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 mccarthy@cafe52.com
I've also had the same issue with importing RAW files as a sequence into After Effects. Only one image is imported. I do use the LRTimelapse import feature to bring the RAW files in from my camera and I choose to have LRTimelapse rename the files. It appears that AE has a problem with the way the files are named. I renamed a sequence back to the native camera file format and the sequence did then import to AE. It did take a while to import and the render to Prores took a long time.

Thank you Gunther for a great piece of software!
#4 mccarthy@cafe52.com
I did a bit more experimenting. I've found that if you select a RAW file to import into After Effects and then select both the "Camera Raw Sequence" check box and the "Source alphabetical order" check box AE will import all the RAW files not just the first one.

...also check out: