• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Installation fails

#1 lizcastro
So, I am running Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6, and downloaded LR Timelapse 4.7.8.

I run the installer, put in the password, say OK in all the appropriate boxes, it prepares, configures, writes, and then tries to validate before giving me the error that "The installation failed. The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance."

I looked through the FAQ and forum but didn't see any similar problems. 

Can anyone help?
thanks
Liz
#2 Gunther
Hi Liz,
that's indeed strange.
There are two things that you could try:
1) try downloading and installing 4.7.7 from the download page (small link below the current one)
2) if the error happens again, don't close the installer but check the menu, you should be able to get an installer log. Please send it to support(at)LRTimelapse.com
Keep me posted.

Posted mobile via Tapatalk...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 PPL1960
Hi Günter, installation of 4.7.8 fails here too. I can start the .exe contained in the zip file, but somehow the only files copied into the LR preset directory are some .png image files. There's no installation complete dialogue appearing. My TrendMicro security agent seems to find some invalid cypher in the file and aborts the install, so it seems?

Best regards,

Paul
#4 Gunther
Please add the Installer as exception to your virus scanner if it blocks the install.

Posted mobile via Tapatalk...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 PPL1960
Hi Gunter, is solved now. I must say I was disoriented by getting no way to start the software outside of LR, and not seeing any presets at first.

...also check out: