• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Intermittent shutter release

#1 Sbell
Just built my unit. I want to use it with my Canon 5ds but for some reason it triggers the shutter for every other frame (shoots every 4 seconds if set at 2 second intervals). Sometimes it does work fine but usually skips a frame. Everything works fine with my Canon Mark III.

Autofocus is off, shutter speed is less than a second... any ideas?

Thanks,
Scott
#2 Gunther
You might have to increase the shutter release time a bit in the sketch.

Code:
const float RELEASE_TIME_DEFAULT = 0.1; // default shutter release time for camera

Just change the value to 0.15 and try again. If it's still too short go for 0.2.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Sbell
Thanks!

.2 worked... .15 still had an occasional skip in the shutter release.
#4 Gunther
It definitely depends on the camera. But I'm really surprised that your Canon needs 200ms release time, that's quite long. But anyway, the most important is that it works now!

Posted mobile via Tapatalk...
#5 Jiheffe
Just finished mine and I had the same problem with my 7D MkII. I will try this out tomorrow. Will Also test with a 5D MkIII (when I get it back from my daughter :-) ).
At 2 seconds interval it dropped the first frame but then was consistent every 2 seconds. At 3 or 4 seconds, I got intermittent drops. At 10 seconds it didn't release at all.
#6 Gunther
Yeah, obviously the Canons need a slightly longer release time.

Posted mobile via Tapatalk...
#7 Jiheffe
0.2 works on the 7D MkII :-) Thanks for a great job !
#8 Levanterman
I also needed 0.2 for my Canon 5Dsr and Canon Mark IV otherwise i too only got a trigger on every other shot. Fantastic stuff :-) thank you, the Pro Timer Free is working perfectly :-)

...also check out: