• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Interval captures of Solar totality

#1 Haystackmac
I have a Sony a7s with FE 100-400 GS f4.5-5.6, a 2x teleconverter, and it can link by Wi-Fi to SLR Dashboard. It also has camera-based time lapse and bracketing Apps.

I would like to use a pre-determined script to photograph totality with different specific (not ramped) shutter speeds and interval settings for about 35 800 mm captures. (i.e. I would like to preset different shutter speeds and intervals for each capture). I do not want to touch the camera and a physical external intervalometer does not accomplish the above.

The problem is, I can fine no way, in camera or out, to set up such a script. I see no App that can do this. While DslrDashboard comes closest, the interval controller in DslrDashboard does not control separate camera features such as shutter speed as far as I can tell.

Does anyone know if there a way DSLR Dashboard, or know of an App, that can script a series of N captures with independently pre-settable interval times and shutter speeds? LRTimelapse within DSLR Dashboard only allows for manually changing exposure in real time. With such short intervals, this is not doable. And even if it were, I want to watch the eclipse, myself.

Does anyone know of a way to do this. I would very much appreciate any feedback. Thank you.

Steve MacFarlane
#2 Gunther
I don't think there is such a solution available. Solar eclipses are just too few... ;-) Personally I'd go for the manual way with qDDB. On the LRT screen you can very easily and quickly change the camera settings with the +/- buttons.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Haystackmac
(2017-08-06, 00:18)gwegner Wrote: I don't think there is such a solution available. Solar eclipses are just too few... ;-) Personally I'd go for the manual way with qDDB. On the LRT screen you can very easily and quickly change the camera settings with the +/- buttons.
Gunther,

Thank you for responding so quickly. I really appreciate it and am not surprised. I can see where it might apply to other situations than just the eclipse. Maybe it could be incorporated into the Pro-timer free. Just a thought.

Thanks again,
Steve
#4 Gunther
Most likely it could. It's an open source community project, so feel free to implement whatever you want! You can find the sources on Github: https://github.com/gwegner/LRTimelapse-Pro-Timer-Free
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: