• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Interval changes

#1 nikonman05
Hi, I´m testing the qdslrdashboard. I had a sunset HG with an interval of 8 seconds where I started at 1/15 seconds exposure time. At most times the interval was 8 seconds, but sometimes 7 or 9. Suddenly at exposure no 535 the interval was 11 seconds, then 5 seconds. At this time the exposure time had reached 5 seconds. After this the interval was stable at (mostly) 8 seconds. I had a very fast memory card and was shooting with D750.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
WIch connection did you use? Which mobile device?
This can happen, if the camera is not writing fast enough or something else happened (the mobile device hanging or whatever). Probably you won't see it in the rendered video.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 nikonman05
I was using the D750´s wifi-option with Google Nexus 7 after your recomendation.
No, it did not showed up in the final film, but I´m just curious why this happened, and eventually what can be done to prevent this happen again.
Thanks!
#4 nikonman05
Another question is this: Can I use a cable wired intervalometer (like the Pixel 252) instead of using the qdslr-intervalometer when running the HG through qdslrdashboard on the Nexus? This will give me a more stable interval I suppose?
#5 Gunther
Yes, I was assuming you were doing so. Just use a decent external time, best with my modification outlined here:
http://lrtimelapse.com/news/intervalometer-hack/
This will give you the most accurate intervals.
the internal timer of qddb is not very accurate.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#6 nikonman05
Ok, thanks I will do the hack and try that Smile

...also check out: