• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Interval Shooting through DSLR dashboard

#1 lschaudies
I'm trying to shoot brackets while I do time lapse so I can combine for HDR in the end. I'm using a Nikon D600 and it will do up to 999 shots using its internal timer along with associated brackets if requested. With TP-Link attached the internal timer cannot be accessed. Is there any way to trigger interval shooting with brackets using DSLR dashboard. If so I would be able to bypass the 999 bracket/frame limit within the camera. I also have the Satechi wireless remote timer but it only triggers individual frames so does not work with brackets but does eliminate the 999 limit.
Larry
#2 pgreuter
Can't you do it with the Timelapse Feature inside DslrDashboard? There you can set an unlimited number of pictures to take.
[size=large]pascalgreuter.com[/size]
Photography + Motion Graphics
#3 lschaudies
(2013-10-22, 04:31)shotup Wrote: Can't you do it with the Timelapse Feature inside DslrDashboard? There you can set an unlimited number of pictures to take.
The timelapse feature that I have seen within DSLRDashboard is for taking a time lapse video, max 1920x1080. I want to take a sequence of timed stills. If I have missed this feature can you point it out for me. Don't see it in the DSLRDashboard manual, only the timelapse video feature.
#4 pgreuter
In the top menu bar, you have an icon that looks like kind of a stop watch (for me it's on the 5th position but this may be different for you depending which camera you use).

If you tap on it, the timelapse menu opens and you can set all the parameters needed. If you hit "Start Timelapse", the camera starts capturing the stills.

Let me know, if that works for you.
#5 lschaudies
(2013-10-23, 08:46)shotup Wrote: In the top menu bar, you have an icon that looks like kind of a stop watch (for me it's on the 5th position but this may be different for you depending which camera you use).

If you tap on it, the timelapse menu opens and you can set all the parameters needed. If you hit "Start Timelapse", the camera starts capturing the stills.

Let me know, if that works for you.
Wow! When I first looked at that button's dialog and saw movie length and frame rate I just assumed it was only for creating an actual movie which is one of the time lapse options built into my D600. But, you are correct, it takes frames. I never tried it. By using the in Camera Bracket function and setting camera shooting mode to continuous the DSLRDashboard interval routine will take the desired number of bracketed shots and call it 1 frame. Awesome
Thanks so much
#6 pgreuter
Glad I could help!

Happy timelapsing ;-)

...also check out: