• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Intervalometer blocks the camera for too long - how to get around it?

#41 MMeier
Thank you James. It works perfect on my Pixel timer and I think the Hähnel Giga T Pro II is an intervalometer too (please correct me if I am wrong). I was thinking if it makes sense to use it also on a motion controller for a slider. But the longer I think about it I guess it is not necessary as one will not use the really short intervals as the slider also has to move between the shots... Did I get this right?
Best regards
Monika
#42 Faust
I have tried your experiment with using an internal intervalometer on my Nikon D700 camera.  Settings were as follows:
shutter - 1/30 sec, 2 second interval, manual settings.  The buffer did not decrease in value.  Only when going to 1 second did the buffer size decrease.  So at least for my camera if I use 2 seconds or more interval everything should be OK.
#43 Faust
Do reply posts not show up for several days in this forum?  Mine is missing.
#44 Gunther
(2017-02-11, 04:27)Faust Wrote: I have tried your experiment with using an internal intervalometer on my Nikon D700 camera.  Settings were as follows:
shutter - 1/30 sec, 2 second interval, manual settings.  The buffer did not decrease in value.  Only when going to 1 second did the buffer size decrease.  So at least for my camera if I use 2 seconds or more interval everything should be OK.
Yes, thee D700 has rather low resolution in comparison. But consider that you normally won't be shooting at such short exposure times but rather use long exposures, mostly only one or two seconds less then the interval. That's when the buffers of many cameras start filling up.

sent mobile via tapatalk...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#45 Gunther
(2017-02-13, 22:00)Faust Wrote: Do reply posts not show up for several days in this forum?  Mine is missing.
Off topic! But replies normally show up instantly.

sent mobile via tapatalk...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#46 Z10silver
Hello, instructions for intervalometer hack state: "Since the colors of the inner wires are nor standardized, your best option is to cut the whole cord somewhere and then use an continuity tester to find out, which color is related to which contact." I have never used a continuity tester before. Can someone tell me how I would use one in this way? Thank you
#47 bethpapa
hi gwegner,
I am using PULSE (from Alpine lab) as my main wireless control for (interval, ISO, Shutter speed, F-stop), will that be an issue on this AF signal delay? The dongle is connected to my d810 via USB cable.

https://alpinelaboratories.com/pages/pulse
#48 rick kloekke
Used this hack for my canon 6D's and it works perfect.

I switched to sony (A7RIII) and unfortunately as Chasg describes there is still some sort of AF signal when using the hack: when using the hacked intervalometer with a 1, 2 or 3 second intervalometer it takes a shot and than misses one, than takes a shot and misses one... and so forward...
With 4 or more second intervals there is no problem, but when using a 7 second interval and 5 second exposure, there is still a gap of 2 seconds in which there is some sort of AF signal...

Somebody already figured out how to completely fix this hack for sony?

Little workaround for now:
when shooting 7 second interval with 5 second exposure. I can change settings with qdslrdashboard. Not in the dark time at the end of the shot and the beginning of the interval, but during the 5 seconds when the shot is taken.

Hope somebody knows more for Sony users!
#49 TylersJourney
I'm hoping someone finds a work around for this soon, my new Sony A7riii feels very useless for sunset timelapse now. The best I can get is doing an 8 second interval and 2 second exposure time with any less than 6 seconds in between I cannot change the settings using the holy grail method.

I have a neewer intervalometer and 300mbps card if it matters.
#50 Benobiwahn
You said you figure out how to do the af trick on a sony cable..How did you figure out which cable is the af? You can't really test it with the micro USB plug, can you?

...also check out: