• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

iPad and dropped wifi connections w/D750

#1 Conrad
Thank you for entertaining my question. I searched for awhile on this/these topic(s) but am not finding an answer. It such an answer already exists I apologize for the redundant post.

I am trying to start time lapsing and have purchased the qDSLRDashboard app for iPhone and iPad and a Nikon D750. 
(FWIW. I am using the iPhone simply to replicate the problems I am experiencing on the iPad as the phone is too small to be functional for me.)

I have tried several times to connect and use the app, but run into the same problems on both the iPhone and iPad. 

1. Both i-devices disconnect from the wifi after several minutes. I do not have any timeout settings engaged so not sure where to look next. For the moment I am only 1 meter from my camera.

2. When I do connect it takes over a minute for the app to become active where I can make manipulations to the camera. Perhaps that is normal.

3. Even when the app is active the response to commands have a large lag time before they become actionable. For example, if I press any command button it may take 5-10 seconds for a response.

4. I don't know if this is related to wifi or not but is there a way to connect camera and iPad directly?

Many thanks for your time and consideration.

Best wishes,

Conrad
#2 Gunther
Hi Conrad those are all technical questions concerning qDslrDashboard - I'm not the developer of that app and thus cannot help you. I can only say that qDDB works flawlessley on my Nexus 7 in combination with my two D750.
Please contact the developer on http://dslrdashboard.info for technical support.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Conrad
Thanks so much.

My apologies - I thought you might be connected and since they have not answered my inquries for a some time despite a few attempts I thought I might get lucky here.

I am enjoying the limited version of your software and will happily pay for the full version after I get my question sorted.

Oh well, such is life...

Cheers,
Conrad
#4 Gunther
Hi Conrad, I'm very sorry - LRTimelapse is only affiliated to qDslrDashboards in terms that I provided my ideas for the Auto Holy Grail Ramping in qDDB. Otherwise LRTimelapse is a completely stand alone program, that you get my full support for. I just cannot solve the technical issues that sometimes might occur in some configurations when using qDDB.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: