• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Is there any way to save settings instead of it always reverting back?

#1 npeters
Hi - Is there any button combination or menu item to save the last used settings for time / duration / bulb etc etc? I am using vn. 0.92 of the Arduino code? It always reverts back to 4 seconds etc when powered off.

I suppose I could change the parms in my code and save it - I seem to nearly always use 20 seconds exposure / bub mode / 40 seconds between shots, and it is a pain to always have to change this back from 4 seconds, etc.

Other than this, the timer is great - I'm using right now on my roof for a southern hemisphere Milky Way time-lapse as there's almost no moon and it's Persids meteor shower time.

Norm, Canberra, Australia
#2 Gunther
From version 0.89 you can save the initial interval via double click on the select button, see: https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-lrt...9-released
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 npeters
Hi Gunther - I am using software vn 0.92.

If I double click twice what I believe is the select button (second button from left, (between the display on/off button and the two up/down buttons) all that happens is that it starts shooting, and no values are saved. Is this the correct "select" button to use?

Also, none of the buttons allow me to dim the display in steps when shooting.

Are the dim and save functions in vn 0.92?

Many thanks, Norman Peters
#4 Gunther
Select is the very left button. Just set your interval, then double click on that button and you'll get a confirmation message.
Dim should work with the leftmost button also, but might depend on the display. If you long click on the leftmost button and the display doesn't start dimming or on turns off after a couple of seconds, your display does not support the dimming.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 npeters
Thanks Gunther - Yes, the left button worked and saved my interval! Many thanks, Norm
#6 Sheeba
Hi Norman,

In my last version of the Pro Timer Software I have implemented a setup menu in which the min dark time, the decoupling time, the interval and the display brightness can be set. These parameters are stored in the EEPROM and read out at startup. This setup menu can be easily extended to set and save additional parameters. The Select button then has only the Display on / off function.
You can find my last version here:
https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-2-3...genie-mini
Download this version to your hardware and check the setup function. I would be grateful for a feedback.
Greetings, Hans, Black Forest, Germany
#7 npeters
Hello Sheeba - I am amazed at the support I have found in this little community, it's fantastic.

I am so glad you replied as would you believe I have just yesterday ordered most of the parts to build your slider stepper motor controller. After that I will be looking for a slider for it!

I will download your code and give it a try - it will be great to have this ready on the Pro Timer Free for when I have built your slider stepper control. I'm just going to use breadboard and hand wire it. I will let you know my feedback when I get time to set the software up on the Pro Timer Free.

Any other guidance you can give will be most appreciated.

Best regards from Canberra, Australia, Cheers Norm
#8 Sheeba
Hello Norm,
Thank you for your kind feedback. I'm glad to read that you want to rebuild my stepper motor controller.
Do not install transistor T2 and resistor R3. This is for the focus of the camera and is currently not used in the software. If you have decided on a rail and an motor, let me know which motor and gear you are using. I will then send you a software with the appropriate parameters.
Your feedback please in the thread
https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-tim...sion-ready
so that others who are also interested in the topic find it easy.
Let me know if you need any additional information.
In your first post, you wrote that you make timelapse shots with 20 sec exposure and 40 sec between shots. That sounds interesting. Are those shots of stars?
Nice greeting from the Black Forest
Hans
#9 npeters
Hello Hans - I have downloaded the original stepper circuit diagram for the device where the Pro Timer sends the signal to the stepper controller, or are you referring to the design of the new one you have posted where the stepper controls the timer?

If it is the first original design, then it looks to me like "transistor T2 and resistor R3" should maybe say "transistor T1 and resistor R3" as these are connected together (as are transistor T2 and resistor R4). I also see that T1 and R3 are wired between Arduino pin PB3 to the output focus pin, so can you confirm which transistor and resistor you mean please as I don't want to make a mistake :-)

And yes, I am shooting stars with the timer, and I want to add the stepper & slider to make it more interesting. I haven't yet got to buying a rail or gearing, but the motor I have bought was sourced from *bay and is described as a NEMA17 motor, as follows:

+++++++++++++++++++++

"NEMA 17 Stepper motor 12V For CNC Reprap 3D printer extruder 36oz-in 26Ncm 0.4A"

Model:42SHD0001-24
Step angle: 1.8°
Rated voltage: 12V
Number of phase: 2
Rated current: 0.4A
Insulation resistance: 100MΩmin.(500V DC)
Resistance per phase: 30Ω±10%
Insulation class: Class B
Inductance per phase : 37mH±20%
Rotor intertia: 38g.cm^2
Holding torque: 260mN.m
Mass: 0.2kg
Detent torque: 12mN.m

++++++++++++++++++

Hope I bought the right sort....
Any advice will be appreciated.

Many thanks, Norm
#10 Sheeba
Hello Norm,
sorry there was a mistake between my schematic and my assembly plan. It is correct not to install R3 and T1. I have attached the current circuit diagram to you.
The NEMA 17 engine you are using is ok. However, you can work with it up to a maximum angle of about 25-30 degrees. If you also want to work with gradients of 45 degrees and larger, you need a geared motor. I use a motor with a 5.18: 1 gearbox.
Regarding your stars Timelapse: are there videos in YouTube?
Keep me up to date with your project
Greetings from the Black Forest,
Hans
Attached Files

.pdf   TLSMC circuit.pdf (Size: 115.35 KB / Downloads: 11)

...also check out: