• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Is this a normal load time? 10 minute load time for program without files

#1 mheston
Hi,
User of an old LRT user. Years ago. Old version is not installed on this computer, never was.
Just downloaded 6.0.6 B 799 to see if an upgrade is in my future, installed the App, everything went as expected, however, the load time is killing me.

Launch the app:
Launching Application 0 - 2:37
Loading Directories 2:37 - 5:47
Launching User Interface 5:47 - 9:45

I've tried 3 times now and load time comes in at 9 minutes and 45 seconds (or thereabouts). This seems a long to me.

Windows 10 Pro - 64bit (10.0.19044 Build 19044)
Intel i9-7940 - 14 core 3.10Ghz
RAM 64GB
Available RAM 49.7GB
13 hard drives totaling roughly 88TB
C, D, E,F, G are all SSD drives
the system also includes a Drobo 5, and a
Windows virtual disk of 6TB

Using Build 6.0.6 Build 799 of LRT

How can I speed up load times?

Thanks
Marv Heston
Attached Files

.txt   LRTimelapse.txt (Size: 4.46 KB / Downloads: 1)
#2 Gunther
13 Harddrives, this is crazy... :-)
I think that one or more of your drives are slowing everything down. Sometimes there are network drives which just cannot be scanned and then LRT runs into a time out. Also Drives that are not correctly mounted like from Card Readers without card can cause issues.

Solution: You can restrict LRT to use only those folders that you are really using for timelapse, best make sure they are on a fast drive.
To do so, go to the the LRTimelapse settings / Tab Folders - and configure LRTimelapse to only use those folder.

Additionally it might make sense to add the folder C://Program Files/LRTimelapse 6 to the Whitelist of any Virus scanner that you might be using.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 mheston
Gunther,

Thank you for your analysis of my drive configuration :-)

Followed your suggestions with mixed results

Results:
First, I double-checked that LRT folder is white-listed with AVG

Next, I limited the Folders down from 13 to 4 high-speed SSD drives, D, E, F, G - LRT load time jumped to 13:30! - bizarre that when I cut down from 13 drives to 4 my load time increased by 33%

Next, I limited the folders to 2 SSD drives - E,F - LRT load time 6:30

Next, I limited the folders to 1 SSD drive - E - LRT load time 5:14

Finally, I limited the folders to 1 specific folder - LRT load time 0:10

What is going on that takes so much time to load? And why when I reduced from 13 to 4 drives did the load time increase by almost 4 minutes?

Thanks
Marv
#4 Gunther
Marv,
I don't know about your configuration and what's going on on your computer.
But this is nothing others report - so it might be something related to your setup.
Most LRTimelapse users don't restrict the folders at all and everything works fine.
But there have been cases, where the OS just doesn't deliver the folder information leading to timeouts, that's why there now is the option to restrict the folders that LRT uses.
I'd recommend to not add the full drive. Just add the folders where you store your timelapses.
Ideally this would be something like D:\Timelapse Raw (where you store your original files) and then a folder for the exports/Renders which would be D:\Timelapse Done or similar.
Of course you can add more locations. But I'd recommend to not add the full drive, if there are many other files on that drive.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: