• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

ISO Ramping Steps

#1 cgsathome
Hi and thanks for a terrific program and support resources!

I was trying to use qDSLR (actually ControlMyCamera, in my case) using a Canon 70D and a manual Samyang 14mm f/2.8 lens to shoot day-to-night Holy Grail. Everything worked as expected, including the GPS recognition of local times and the NTC adjustment of the reference level. Ramping through exposure lengths went well, also. But, when it came time to ramp the the ISO ramp jumped from 100 to 800 to 3200, each time greatly overshooting the needed correction, and making jumps that even LRTimelapse cannot smooth. Am I missing a setting to use smaller ISO steps? I couldn't see anywhere to make this adjustment. Or is this perhaps a bug with ControlMyCamera?

If this more appropriate for qDSLR forum, I can post there.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Craig
#2 hubaiz
In your camera settings check the C.Fn I :Exposure
10 is Exposure level increments and
20 is ISO speed setting increments
#3 cgsathome
Thanks very much for the reply. It appeared that both exposure and ISO were already set to 1/3 stop.

Any other ideas? I will confirm issue again tomorrow night. I could be making some other error. I missed my window for today.

Thanks and best regards,
Craig
#4 hubaiz
In LRTimelapse screen settings check the 'EV step' value.
#5 cgsathome
Thanks again for quick response.

In my time lapse last night, everything stepped as expected, including the ISO at 1/3 stop increments.

For what it is worth, when I reviewed the C.Fn I :Exposure setting, per your suggestion, I am quite sure it was already set a 1/3 stop. However, I did change it to 1 stop, saved it, then set it back to 1/3 stop. Don't know if any of that did something or not.

Anyhow, thanks for the quick help, I didn't realize what those settings were for, previously.

Craig
#6 fsignoret
Hello cgsathome,

Did you solve your problem?

I am experiencing the exact same issue, with Canon 750D:
- the ISO ramping is working well
- but the last increments are too big (from ISO800 to ISO1600, then from ISO1600 to ISO3200).

As a result, the processing becomes difficult in LR Timelapse (luminosity leaps).

Thank you,
Florian
#7 ultrazone
Hi!

Same problem here with a Canon EOS 200D... just found this thread and I'm re-setting the above mentioned parameters in both my camera and QDSLRDashboard to check if the suggestions provided here do help me.

Thanks everyone, I'll post my findings...

Cheers from Spain!
My time lapses at YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@joaquinagueramusic

...also check out: