• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Issue with HDR timelapse

#1 dasable91
I Just did the update from 4 to 5 and I  am attempting to make an HDR timelapse:

1) I created HDR DNG's from my original 3 images I took (1 under, 1 correctly, and 1 overexposed)
2) I imported the new HDR DNG's into LRTimelapse 5
3) Followed the first thre instructions/tabs and in the preview window the timelapse looks really good and is using the new HDR DNG's 
4) When I import into Lightroom....this is where the problem happens!

LRTimelpase doesn't use the new DNG I created but grabs a random image which I used to compose the HDR image.  Some images are overexposed, some are under, and none are of my HDR DNG.

Any suggestions on how to correct this?
#2 Gunther
Hard to say what exactly is going wrong there. But here is some tips:
  • Before making the HDRs in Lightroom make sure to have not edited the single images. Don't edit the HDRs in Lightroom, after merging them also before going to LRTimelapse.
  • Separate the HDR Dngs from the original files, put them into a new folder (with a dedicated name) for the HDR sequence.
  • Load this folder into LRTimelapse. The blue luminance curve should be rather smooth.
  • Do the regular LRT workflow, edit the keyframes in Lightroom etc.
  • When back in LRT make the transitions and create the visual previews. If they look fine, you should be good to go!
  • If the Whitebalance was not taken over, change the "White Balance Treatement" in the Metadata menu (most likely this is necessary for HDR DNGs).
  • Load all Metadata in Lightroom and export.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: