• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Issue with holygrail assistant on HDR timelapse

#1 aypierre
Hi there,

I've got an issue with the holy grail technique and I'm not sure what's the problem. Sry in advance if there is some grammatical errors as english isn't my mother tongue.
It's the first time I'm doing an HDR Timelapse.
Here is exactly what I've done :

- I shooted an HDR timelapse with a canon 5DM3. 3 brackets with 4s interval
- I assembled the HDR .cr2 files into .tif files using LR/Enfuse in  lightroom
- I converted all .tif files into .dng using lightroom
- I imported all the .dng files into LRTimelapse to star the classic workflow
- Because it's an HDR timelapse and as such there is no aperture or shutter speed metada, I couldn't use the auto holy-grail assistant (I suppose LRTimelapse can't generate holy-grail keyframe if these two data are missing)
- I manually added Holy-Grail keyframe
- I clicked on the holy grail assistant
- And here is the result, in attachment to this post

I tried to rotate and stretch in any direction but that doesn't moove the bottom line.
Note that if I delete some holy-grail keyframe, the result stay the same (the orange curv go to the bottom at the first holy grail keyframe)

Is there any way to solve this ? Or another technique to deflicker my timelapse ?
Thx !
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
As you already figured out you cannot use the holy grail wizard if the Exif data for shutter/iso/aperture is lacking. Creating hg-keyframes won't help.
Just go for the visual Deflicker only.

And maybe try doing the same time-lapse again, with a single exposure of the hdr frames. For example the middle or dark one. You can use “select every nth image“ from the hdr menu.
Then try the normal visual workflow including hg-wizard. In pretty sure you'll get decent results also. Mostly with moderm sensors hdr is now needed at all and might also do more harm than good for timelapse.

Posted mobile via Tapatalk...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 aypierre
Allright, thx for your answer !

...also check out: