• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Issues with Canon 7D

#11 Gunther
Haha, good approach - thanks for sharing! ;-)
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#12 pgreuter
(2013-10-22, 10:39)gwegner Wrote: Haha, good approach - thanks for sharing! ;-)

Sometimes you have to take some risks ;-)

I did some more tests tonight with the 7D and the 5D Mark II and I'm pretty sure now, that the Canon Intervalometer TC-80N3 is sending a "Half-Press-Shutter" signal to the camera 4 seconds before it actually fires the shutter and therefore it is not possible to work with the LRTimelapse function inside of DslrDashboard when using shorter intervals than 5 or 6 seconds because you don't have the time to adjust the shutterspeed or ISO values.

I also tested the Vello Shutterboss Intervalometer and the behaviour is nearly the same. It blocks any communication with DslrDashboard 3 seconds before it fires the shutter.

However, if you want to avoid that, you have three possibilities:

1.) Cut the "Half-Press-Shutter" Cable like I explained in Post #10
2.) Use the timelapse intervalometer inside DslrDashboard
3.) Use another Intervalometer like the Pixel (as mentioned by Gunther in Post #6)
[size=large]pascalgreuter.com[/size]
Photography + Motion Graphics
#13 Alex1990
Hey guys,

just to share some experience:
I'm using a Yongnuo MC-36b Intervalometer on my Canon 7D and it gives me nearly the same problem. I was mostly satisfied with it because it was cheap and did the job. But with DSLRDashboard this half shutter issue ruins the concept of changing settings via WiFi. To me it feels like the Yongnuo starts to block changes around 3 seconds before shutter releases. If I take a picture every 5 seconds it leaves me like a bit of a second to push buttons in DDB. But with shutter speed getting longer even that moment is gone.
So just don't buy the Yongnuo! Wink

Maybe I should get the one recommended by Gunther...
#14 brianlr
GWegner do you know if the Pixel TW-283-S2 Wireless Timer Remote Control Shutter Release for Sony Alpha would work like the Pixel remote you mentioned above?
#15 Gunther
No, this is not the one, I'm referring to. I don't know that one so I can't say.

This is the one that works: http://amzn.to/1JkW1aX - you can connect that one to any camera just by getting an appropriate cheap 2$ shutter release cable.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: