• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Java Keeps Crashing - 64bit Windows

Smile
#11 Oli_T
Ah okay interesting. I did update my graphics driver, but I'm sure that was at least 2 months ago - before the problem started. 

But thanks very much for your help! 

I shall delete the original LRTimelapse.exe file now and then re-name the debug one.

Thanks again, 
Oli.
#12 Gunther
Perfect, it seems that the alternative launcher works in those cases. I'll move this thread to the faq, just in case others experience this problem too. Thanks Oli, for helping debugging this.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#13 AlistairC
Hello! I've only just joined the forum today as today is the first time I've had the same issue.

Gunther - I have followed your instructions above and installed the alternative launcher, but it still won't work (the LRTimelapse launch screen comes on, but only for a second or so, and then disappears and doesn't launch).

The programme has been running well until today (other than an issue with the interface duplicating as someone else has posted in another topic).

My current version of Java is: Version 8 Update 101
I'm running Windows 10 64-bit
My graphics card is: AMD Radeon ™ R9 200 series
#14 AlistairC
UPDATE:

Gunther, your fix appears to have worked. I'd accidentally installed the 32-bit version of JAVA after I'd uninstalled the version on my computer. Have now fixed that with the 64-bit version and the alternative launcher works fine.

The initial timelapse preview has loaded, so I'll now progress with the entire workflow and hopefully it will be as normal. I'll edit this message later to confirm all is 100%.

UPDATE 2:

I successfully completed a timelapse with the full workflow, but I've since shut down LRTimelapse and tried to go back in to it to start work on another timelapse, and....it's not working. The file 'LRTimelapse_noD3D' is no longer working.

When I double-click on the ''LRTimelapse_noD3D' icon on my desktop I get this Java message:

Java Virtual Machine Launcher

Error: Unable to access jarfile C:\Users\Alistair\Desktop\LRTimelapse.jar
#15 Gunther
Don't put the launcher on your desktop, put it into C:\Program Files (x86)\LRTimelapse as I explained further above.

Sent mobile with Tapatalk.
#16 AlistairC
Gunther, in a previous post you said this:

"...since this works, you can now just remove the original LRTimelapse.exe and rename LRTimelapse_debug.exe to LRTimelapse.exe then you can use the regular shortcuts to launch."

There is nothing in the folder called LRTimelapse_debug.exe for me to rename.
#17 Gunther
I renamed the file to LRTimelapse_noD3D.exe

Sent mobile with Tapatalk.
#18 AlistairC
Ok, apologies. Thank you for your help. Hopefully it'll run a perfectly as it did before.

Thank you, and it truly is a brilliant programme by the way.
#19 AlistairC
I've read through the other thread and was wondering if there was any update on this issue? I'm trying my best to get through a timelapse with all this window rubbish going on.  I have tried disabling my virus protection/firewall but even with that disabled it still does this (I had false hope, briefly!).

I don't want to touch Java because I'm afraid it will bring up the other issue noted in this thread, which has been fixed now. Suggestions?
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#20 Dana Nield
So..... after following the steps listed in this thread about a month ago, the problem returned with a vengeance today.

After a random amount of time, the LRTL screen goes bonkers, refreshing content where it shouldn't be. 

My video drivers, as it turned out, were out of date, so I've updated them, but no change....

...also check out: