• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

JPG metadata saved in LR4 not reflecting in LRTimelapse on reloading

#1 asp7yxia
Sorry to bother you with this but I cant seem to find a workaround this issue.

I'm using LRTimelapse v1.7.2 on Mac OS X Lion.

Here's what I do :
# Select the folder with the timelapse sequence (Jpeg files) and initialize them in LRTimelapse.

#Select the keyframes and save metadata to files.

#Open the files in LR4 and read the metadata from files.

#Edit the keyframe files in LR4.

#Save metadata of the files in LR4.

#Reload metadat in LRTimelapse.

Here's the problem I have. After reloading the metadata, LRTimelapse show's nothing as being updated. As in, no change in any values what so ever.

And so Auto(Keyframes) has no effect since no change in metadata is updated.

Is the issue because of using jpeg files instead of RAW?
#2 Gunther
Hi,
the workflow sounds good. I'm a bit confused that the changes don't appear in LRT.
Please check that you Save the metadata in Lightroom when in Grid view and all images are selected (otherwise it will only save one file).
Back in LRT when you hit reload the metadata should definitely be updated. You could untick "hide changed properties" to see all columns in the table.

Another thing to check is the logfile (find it in the menu) is there something strange in there?

One thing I could imagine is that your images might be read-only? This happens when copying them from DVD for example.

Keep me posted
gunther
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 asp7yxia
(2012-03-26, 18:02)gwegner Wrote: Hi,
the workflow sounds good. I'm a bit confused that the changes don't appear in LRT.
Please check that you Save the metadata in Lightroom when in Grid view and all images are selected (otherwise it will only save one file).
Back in LRT when you hit reload the metadata should definitely be updated. You could untick "hide changed properties" to see all columns in the table.

Another thing to check is the logfile (find it in the menu) is there something strange in there?

One thing I could imagine is that your images might be read-only? This happens when copying them from DVD for example.

Keep me posted
gunther

The problem seemed to be with LR4. I had upgraded my catalogue from LR3 to LR4.
I tried re-installing LR4 but it didn't help. So I deleted the old catalogue and created a new one. That fixed the problem with metadata not being updated in LRT.

Thanks for your time. I'll be buying your ebook soon, need to save a bit for now Smile
#4 nikonman05

Dont know if it is the same, but when i use LRT for the first time, the exposure adjustment i did in lightroom is not showing in LRT. I adjusted the first and last image, as you have told in the workflow. Both are keyframed, and the other adjustment i did in LR is there, but not the exposure.
#5 nikonman05
(2012-04-03, 23:59)nikonman05 Wrote: Dont know if it is the same, but when i use LRT for the first time, the exposure adjustment i did in lightroom is not showing in LRT. I adjusted the first and last image, as you have told in the workflow. Both are keyframed, and the other adjustment i did in LR is there, but not the exposure.
by the way, i use LR 4 and Mac Lion X

#6 nikonman05
I updated to LRT 1.8, and then it worked!

#7 nikonman05
But as i wrote in another tread, the exposuresmetadata from LRT was only in some of the images...

#8 asp7yxia
(2012-04-04, 16:32)nikonman05 Wrote: But as i wrote in another tread, the exposuresmetadata from LRT was only in some of the images...

If you have updated your catalogue from LR3 to LR4, you might run into issues with metadata update.

Try creating a new catalogue in LR4 and see if you still have the issue with metadata not being updated.

#9 nikonman05
The case is: LRTimelapse does not read exposure-metadata from LR4.
On created the catalog only weeks ago on my new iMac with Lion.

----

If you have updated your catalogue from LR3 to LR4, you might run into issues with metadata update.

Try creating a new catalogue in LR4 and see if you still have the issue with metadata not being updated.

[/quote]

#10 Gunther
Have you set the process version to LR4 in the LRTimelapse settings?
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: