• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Exposure issues in LRT1.8 - workflow issue?

#1 Jetstream Rider
Hi Guther,

I have a time lapse to work on - I made a mistake with the exposure so it is all under exposed. I ran your work flow and edited the first image (+1.43 stops) and the last (+1.8 stops) and marked them both as keyframes.

When I click "Auto (Keyframes)" in LRT, the exposure changes on the first one to 0.780 and the last to 1.822. There is a steady change between them, but the result is the time lapse is all far too dark - in the middle it gets especially dark.

If I try to add more key frames and alter their exposure in LRoom they appear on the yellow line in LRT as points above the line. When I click on "Auto (Keyframes)" again they all jump down to the yellow line.

It is as if LRT is ignoring my keyframes - as I understood it they are your unchanged frames and LRT draws a curve between them?

Perhaps I have made a mistake in my workflow, but I have used LRT quite a few times before nad not had this problem. Do you know what I might be doing wrong?

Kind regards,
Adrian
#2 Gunther
Hi, I already heard from another case when this happens, cause was that the Sequence was not properly initialized in the first step. Could you try initializing again? (Ctrl-A, Ctrl-I). Often problems of that type disappear when the sequence is initialized (again).
If you know exactly which exposure settings to use you can as well edit the exposure directly in LRTimelapse and even work with a linear transition if only 2 keyframes should be used.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Jetstream Rider
Hi Gunther,

Thanks for the reply - I've tried re-initialising and this time it works much better - its still dark in the middle, but this might be down to me (will need to do some more tinkering to find out, will set some more key frames and work from there).

I'm not sure why it didn't initialise properly in the first place, as I follow the workflow in your e-book.

Can you still do 2 pass de-flicker in LRT 1.8? Maybe it was something I did with exporting then re-importing.

Kind regards,
Adrian
#4 Gunther
(2012-04-09, 16:52)Jetstream Rider Wrote: Can you still do 2 pass de-flicker in LRT 1.8? Maybe it was something I did with exporting then re-importing.
Sure, you can!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: