• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Jumpy/skipping time lapse...

#1 dinz14
Hi all, I have created a short 'Holy Grail' TL. It's been through the full LRT5 workflow, i've refined the deflicker 2 times, i've also not added any post-processing, but I can't understand why the completed TL has some jumps/skips from the mid-point onwards.

I used a Fuji X-T2 and 18-55 lens. Fully manual camera operation - ISO 200 throughout, shutter varied between 1/4 and 1/2 second, began at f/16 finished at f/9.

I'm a total novice. This is only my third attempt at a TL. 1x sunny day TL - that was straightforward, 1x sunrise holy grail using a variable ND and ISO - this went well apart from the ND causing unwanted polarising effects. I only ever shoot in fully manual mode.

Can anybody give me an idea as to where i have gone wrong?

Here's the link to the TL - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odSSZTdPlR8

Thanks in advance for any help!

Stephen.
#2 Gunther
Is that an artificial (Ken Burns) Pan or a Pan from a motorised head? If the latter, then you have skipped frames, where the camera just did not release. Sometimes forgetting to turn off AF in the camera could cause this.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 dinz14
Hi Gunther, thanks for the reply.

I used a Syrp Genie Mini for the panning. 

I shot with a 6 sec interval, so plenty of time to buffer on the X-T2. I honestly can't remember if I used AF or manual. I use back button focus, so assumed that there would be no AF during the shoot.

Once I gain focus using AFm should I then always switch to manual focus before triggering the TL?

...also check out: