• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Removing and reapplying frames

#1 from_scotland_with_love
Hello gwegner
Today I have faced such issue.
I have been photographing the Supermoon eclipse this morning and as it was very long lens when I tried to change settings during the ML intervalmeter I shook few frames. I have done the usual workflow but when checked the visual at the last stage noticed that shake. I removed those frames (there were 3 with obvious Moon misplace) assuming as there was 2 sec gap it won't be very viable. I reloaded the process and went to Auto transition again and new Visual Preview but on the scale I have red dots and they are not removed after reloading. Look at the attachment. Also you can see those frames 406, 407 and 409.
What do I have to do now to bring the Time lapse back to normal?
Also at the same time I want to ask is there any trick or tip how to change settings in such situation when gap is too short to change settings without affecting frames?
Thanks!
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
If you didn't delete the frames from LRTimelapse, reload will most likely not remove them from the sequence. Just load another sequence then and then come back to this one.

The second question, I don't understand. Please clarify.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 from_scotland_with_love
OK
Here is my camera on tripod with 400 mm lens. I set intervalmeter to take a photo of the moon every 2 sec with settings like ISO 640, 1 sec , f/5.6. For eclipsed Moon it's fine. But then it gets lit by the Sun slowly and the moon edge becomes overexposed. Obviously I want to adjust exposure but my gap between shots is just 2 sec and I don't have time to adjust without shaking camera with is very visual. Actually I was not able to do it at all (just tried) as I had mirror lock as well to reduce any shake. As the result I have part of sequence heavenly overexposed. As I am quite new to time lapses I was seeking to advice how to resolve such issue. I am working on my morning time lapse and unfortunately had to cut a good amount of frames at the end as firstly camera moved when I tried to change exposure and secondly it was too overexposed anyway.
Does this make any sense?
#4 Gunther
I do this with qDslrDashboard. Usually, if your setup is good (fast intervalometer, etc.) 0.5-1 sec dark time is enough to transmit the preview to the smartdevice and remote control the camera. That means, you can have 2 secs Interval which will hold: max 1 sec Exposure, 0.5 sec MUP and 0.5 sec Darktime for qDDB get the preview and control the camera. Of course, this is the ideal case. You need a hacked intervalometer for this to work (search for intervalometer hack). Otherwise you might need slightly longer dark times.
You'll find plenty of information here in the forum if you search for qDslrDashboard.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 from_scotland_with_love
Thank you so much. I will. First time hear about such thing.

...also check out: