• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 Worldoceans
Hello,

I am new to LRT and am following the manual and tutorials to make my first test TL.

After editing my 5 keyframes in LR and then saving the metadata to all keyframes, I then reload in LRT. When I click on auto-transition it tells me the cropping is not consistent and would I like to make it the same on all frames (or similar wording) to which I click yes. HOWEVER, I had turned of "set 16:9 crop" in settings and have not made any crop changes elsewhere.

When I look at the tables - the keyframes have question marks in all the columns, but all other frames have data which is consistent throughout. GW told me to use "fill down" but that wouldn't that cause all the rows to have question marks.

This is my third try and it is quite confusing and a little frustrating since I am following the tutorials to the letter.

Any advice??

Thanks in advance.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
In your screenshot it seems like as if the first image has not been initialized at all. Please compare, if you have the same amount of images in your lightroom catalog then in LRTimelapse. Check the filenames of the first image in LR and LRT. Synchronize the folder in Lightroom, if there are differences. Then start the workflow again. Thos question marks should definitely not be there, they indicate that something is wrong. The crop message happens be because of this as well!

Which version of Lightroom are you using? If you use Lightroom 3 make sure to change the process version in the LRTimelapse settings.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Worldoceans
Hi Gunther,

The start and end file names are the same and the number of frames are identical in LR and LRT. All frames were definitely initialized prior to loading in LR.

I am using LR3 and had not changed the process version in LRT settings (did not know about that). I will try that and let you know if it fixes it.

Thank you.
#4 Worldoceans
Hi Gunther,

Something very odd was happening indeed. When I tried to re-initialize the file set in LRT, it would initialize all files EXCEPT any previous keyframes. I tried this several times and it would not initialize the previous keyframes.

So I deleted the folder and all the files (these were copies of course) and ran the workflow again making sure LR3 was selected in settings (I had to re-start LR3 to make that stick). This time it initialized all files as expected. I then followed the standard workflow and was able to create a good test TL video!

Thank you! Now I can start making videos......[/align]
#5 Gunther
The problem was the wrong process version.
I'm glad that it's working now for you!
#6 Worldoceans
In my latest trial I have come across an auto transition problem.

After editing keyframes in LR3 and saving the metadata to all 3 keyframes, then re-loading in LRT I see all the exposure adjustments in the table.

I then click auto transition and the columns no longer show exposure changes and no transition changes appear to take place (see attached).

I have done this 3X and each time deleting all the files and removing the folder from LR. I repeated the workflow exactly and got the same results with no exposure adjustments.

Since my last TL worked fine with Auto Transition - is there anything I could have inadvertently changed to cause this?

Thank you in advance

#7 Gunther
Check the values of the changed parameters in the table before hitting auto transition. Are they there? Check the keyframes. After applying uncheck "hide unchanged columns" above the table, check the parameters again.
If you can't narrow down the problem, send me the log file after doing the transition, you'll find it under info/show log.

...also check out: