• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Keyframe processing strategy...

#1 robjphillips
Greetings all...

I'm trying to ascertain what general strategies might folks be following when processing keyframes in LR.   Example, if I have a dawn to sunrise sequence that starts out pretty dark (Visual Lum 0.062), and ends up much brighter (0.251).  Keyframe wizard suggested 4 keyframes.   Do I simply follow the tutorial and edit the first, then Synch using the script?

I know this is a complicated question, as the possibilities are practically endless...but, Im sure there is someone here that has a base strategy they follow.

Thanks in advance.
#2 Gunther
Normally the strategy would be to choose the number of keyframes according to the changes in the sequence, the Keyframes WIzard only generates a rough number of keyframes, that you can adjust via the slider according to your needs.
Then in Lightroom, start editing. Normally you would edit from left to right and bring the settings from the first to the next, adjust etc. with the Script as you said. If the first keyframe is way too dark, you can as well start editing the second one, then use the sync script to bring those to the first and continue there.
You can as well always change settings on the keyframes individually. The sync script is only a helper to avoid editing the same stuff over and over again.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 robjphillips
Thank you for your support, and the great product, Mr. Wegner!

I've purchased the e-book as well...looking forward to making much better time lapses. My first few time-lapse segments are looking tremendously better thanks to LRTimelapse and the processes. Amazing product! I will post a link of my finished project 'Metropolis: DALLAS' around December. The project is my submission for an advanced digital video class I am taking at the Texas A&M University. (10 classes away from my B.F.A. degree - I know, I am over sharing LOL) ...

Best regards,

...also check out: