• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Interface Redraws Incorrectly

#1 jdavis
I have LRTimelapse 6.2.1 running on a laptop without any issues, but on a significantly more poserful Dell Alienware machine with a Nvidia GeForce video card running Windows 11, it is almost completely unusable. The problem is the screen redraws incorrectly whenever there is a screen update. If the system is writing updated values to the screen or a button is clicked on the interface, the screen appears to start redrawing with the upper left corner at the mouse position. Moving the mouse across the screen makes the interface completely unreadable.

A screen shot is attached showing the incorrectly redrawn interface.

Once the screen updates finish, minimizing the interface to the Windows 11 task bar and bringing it back draws the screen correctly, but only until the next screen update and the interface is once again unreadable. The problem is specific to this machine, but wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem. It looks like it is related to the underlying screen refresh code so I doubt there is any change in settings that would resolve the problem but if anyone has a suggestion, let me know.

I have loaded a Windows update along with an Nvidia driver update in the last couple of weeks and there were no changes in behavior.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
This is an incompatibility with certain graphics drivers.
To solve it, please use the alternative launcher LRTimelapse 6_noD3D.exe located in C:\Program Files\LRTimelapse 6.
You can create a shortcut to your desktop / taskbar. It will run LRTimelapse and this shouldn't happen anymore.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 jdavis
Success!
Updated the shortcut to run the alternative launcher and the interface appears to be stable.
Thanks, Gunther!!!

...also check out: