• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Keyframes Not Applying

#1 EthanTweedie
I am completely new to the forum and to LRTimelapse. I have followed the directions to the tee and I still have keyframe changes that are not being applied to the rest of the images? Image comparison link below. Image on right is the correct exposure.

http://smu.gs/15x2KWV

I am not sure what to do next besides doing the whole time lapse manually?

LR5 and LR Timel Lapse Beta (Mac)

Thanks

Ethan
#2 EthanTweedie
Still not working after resetting and starting all over again. Unreal.
#3 EthanTweedie
ENTIRE DAY WASTED TYING TO GET THIS PROGRAM TO WORK. NIGHTMARE
#4 Gunther
Ethan, I'm here to help you. It's hard to see, or understand, what's going wrong there on your side. Could you post a screenshot of the preview window in LRTimelapse please so I can see how the sequence looks like?

Some obvious things I noticed: You shot with f/11 - this usually introduces a lot of aperture flicker.
Second thing is you shot in JPG - this will apply in camera edits to the jpgs and give you a hard time correcting afterwards, especially with sunset situations like that.

This is 2 of the most important things I always recommend to "do right" when shooting, because i will make your life so much easier later on. But nevertheless - let's see if there is something else wrong with your workflow - send me the screenshot and please describe what you did.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 EthanTweedie
Thanks Gunther,

I thought having a slower shutter speed was supposed to be good? f/11 with a polarizer on for this shot.

It was shot in RAW, the jpg was just to post the screen shots

I am starting over today as deleted everything.

Right now LR5 is rendering the previews after bring settings back to the RAW file unedited.

Next I will open LR Timelapse. At what point do you want a screen shot?

By the way I am in Hawaii so we are 12 hours apart.

(2013-07-21, 09:35)gwegner Wrote: Ethan, I'm here to help you. It's hard to see, or understand, what's going wrong there on your side. Could you post a screenshot of the preview window in LRTimelapse please so I can see how the sequence looks like?

Some obvious things I noticed: You shot with f/11 - this usually introduces a lot of aperture flicker.
Second thing is you shot in JPG - this will apply in camera edits to the jpgs and give you a hard time correcting afterwards, especially with sunset situations like that.

This is 2 of the most important things I always recommend to "do right" when shooting, because i will make your life so much easier later on. But nevertheless - let's see if there is something else wrong with your workflow - send me the screenshot and please describe what you did.
#6 Gunther
I would like a screenshot of the preview panel in LRTimelapse with the curves.

Please make sure to follow the workflow from left to right - in doubt check my tutorials at http://LRTimelapse.com/tutorial
#7 EthanTweedie
Gunther,

Here is the screenshot after initializing.

Ethan

(2013-07-21, 19:59)gwegner Wrote: I would like a screenshot of the preview panel in LRTimelapse with the curves.

Please make sure to follow the workflow from left to right - in doubt check my tutorials at http://LRTimelapse.com/tutorial
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#8 EthanTweedie
A couple things, one I wasnt exposure matching from 2 stars to 3 stars. Could that be the problem?

Also, my timelapse had a ton of keyframes even though I was shooting AV. Should I do some manual ones instead? There was one jump 3/4ths of the way in when I stopped to increase the shooting interval on my intervalometer.

(2013-07-21, 20:20)EthanTweedie Wrote: Gunther,

Here is the screenshot after initializing.

Ethan

(2013-07-21, 19:59)gwegner Wrote: I would like a screenshot of the preview panel in LRTimelapse with the curves.

#9 Gunther
Maybe the automatic detection detects that as a holy grail sequence, unfortunately you didn't show the scrennshot with the keyframes. Get rid of all keyframes, just leave the first and last and apply a 2 and a 3 star left and right of the jump on the right side. Then save in LRT and load the metadata in LR. There match the 2 and 3 stars keyframes.

In the future: don't step down, use ND-filters instead if you want long exposures.
Don't use the A-Mode, shoot full manual. A Mode does not combine well with Holy Grail shooting!
#10 EthanTweedie
I got the AV mode from Preston Kanak's blog. I like your Manual mode, smart.

Ok, I have been working redoing again.

First I tried the Keyframe at the beginning and the end with a manual holy grail at the transition. That didnt work. Then I tried using manual keyframes, I added ten of them. Edited that. reloaded and there were no changes in-between.

Then I changed those to holy grail keyframes. Reloaded and some changes were made but from the first frame to the second non of the graduated filter changes were applied to the next frame or any of the rest. It goes from seeing the foreground to very dark in one frame, not transition. Something is clearly wrong.

I am about to just produce this thing with out the necessary changes. I wanted to try your program out and was hoping this would be easy and then move on to the commercial license as it would be nice to make these for clients.

I have seemingly done everything correct??

I am at a loss.

(2013-07-21, 23:32)gwegner Wrote: Maybe the automatic detection detects that as a holy grail sequence, unfortunately you didn't show the scrennshot with the keyframes. Get rid of all keyframes, just leave the first and last and apply a 2 and a 3 star left and right of the jump on the right side. Then save in LRT and load the metadata in LR. There match the 2 and 3 stars keyframes.

In the future: don't step down, use ND-filters instead if you want long exposures.
Don't use the A-Mode, shoot full manual. A Mode does not combine well with Holy Grail shooting!

...also check out: