• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Keyframes Not Applying

#11 EthanTweedie
Here is the first and second frame in LR

and a LR Timelapse screen shot.

(2013-07-21, 23:56)EthanTweedie Wrote: I got the AV mode from Preston Kanak's blog. I like your Manual mode, smart.

Ok, I have been working redoing again.

First I tried the Keyframe at the beginning and the end with a manual holy grail at the transition. That didnt work. Then I tried using manual keyframes, I added ten of them. Edited that. reloaded and there were no changes in-between.

Then I changed those to holy grail keyframes. Reloaded and some changes were made but from the first frame to the second non of the graduated filter changes were applied to the next frame or any of the rest. It goes from seeing the foreground to very dark in one frame, not transition. Something is clearly wrong.

I am about to just produce this thing with out the necessary changes. I wanted to try your program out and was hoping this would be easy and then move on to the commercial license as it would be nice to make these for clients.

I have seemingly done everything correct??

I am at a loss.

(2013-07-21, 23:32)gwegner Wrote: Maybe the automatic detection detects that as a holy grail sequence, unfortunately you didn't show the scrennshot with the keyframes. Get rid of all keyframes, just leave the first and last and apply a 2 and a 3 star left and right of the jump on the right side. Then save in LRT and load the metadata in LR. There match the 2 and 3 stars keyframes.

In the future: don't step down, use ND-filters instead if you want long exposures.
Don't use the A-Mode, shoot full manual. A Mode does not combine well with Holy Grail shooting!
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#12 EthanTweedie
Gunther,

Another entire day trying to get things to work. No luck.

I then started all over in LR4 and same thing.

I had to manually make changes and "live" with the dark foreground and just wing it. Assuming the video renders I will have something to show a potential client what I can do. I really wish I could have provided something better.

I would really like to figure this out but I have no idea what to do now.

Any thoughts?

Is LR always so slow to update previews? Does that matter for output if they have not rendered? I dont know what the expectations are for speed on this stuff. Seems like it takes a while but then again I have been working with 900 images.

Ethan

(2013-07-22, 00:03)EthanTweedie Wrote: Here is the first and second frame in LR

and a LR Timelapse screen shot.

(2013-07-21, 23:56)EthanTweedie Wrote: I got the AV mode from Preston Kanak's blog. I like your Manual mode, smart.

Ok, I have been working redoing again.

First I tried the Keyframe at the beginning and the end with a manual holy grail at the transition. That didnt work. Then I tried using manual keyframes, I added ten of them. Edited that. reloaded and there were no changes in-between.

Then I changed those to holy grail keyframes. Reloaded and some changes were made but from the first frame to the second non of the graduated filter changes were applied to the next frame or any of the rest. It goes from seeing the foreground to very dark in one frame, not transition. Something is clearly wrong.

I am about to just produce this thing with out the necessary changes. I wanted to try your program out and was hoping this would be easy and then move on to the commercial license as it would be nice to make these for clients.

I have seemingly done everything correct??

I am at a loss.

(2013-07-21, 23:32)gwegner Wrote: Maybe the automatic detection detects that as a holy grail sequence, unfortunately you didn't show the scrennshot with the keyframes. Get rid of all keyframes, just leave the first and last and apply a 2 and a 3 star left and right of the jump on the right side. Then save in LRT and load the metadata in LR. There match the 2 and 3 stars keyframes.

In the future: don't step down, use ND-filters instead if you want long exposures.
Don't use the A-Mode, shoot full manual. A Mode does not combine well with Holy Grail shooting!
#13 Gunther
Hi Ethan,
looking at your screenshot it shows me that you probably misunderstood the meaning of the different keyframes. The orange Holy Grail keyframes (one left, one right) only serve to separate the jumps when manually adjusting. If you want to make normal transitional keyframes you must use the blue ones (that's in the left part).
As I already told you there is so much flicker in your sequence due to improper shooting in A mode that it will be hard to correct it. However I would try to smooth out all that via deflickering but probably the output will not be perfect nevertheless.

The way to go for that sequence is: one keyframe (blue) on the first, one blue on the last. One 2-star left of the jump, one 2 star right. Match the jump in LR.

Then make sure you have a proper reference are for deflickering and turn the deflickering on.

Since you put so much time into this already I would offer you to have a quick skype when you get up (afternoon here) to probably sort out some misunderstandings. Drop me an email if you are interested.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#14 EthanTweedie
I did exactly what you told me to do with backed up files from my second drive with zero xmp changes etc. Once blue at the beginning and one at the end and where the transition is I had a 2 star at the left and a 2 star at the right of the transition. Saved. Read metadata in LR4. Made my edits. Saved the edits. Went back to timelapse and reloaded. I then performed the transitions and deflicker. Saved. Went back to LR4 and updated/read metadata and same thing. The graduated filters are not taking from the first frame to the second. Then when I get to the transition the filters take there and then after nothing until the last shot.

Ethan

(2013-07-22, 09:17)gwegner Wrote: Hi Ethan,
looking at your screenshot it shows me that you probably misunderstood the meaning of the different keyframes. The orange Holy Grail keyframes (one left, one right) only serve to separate the jumps when manually adjusting. If you want to make normal transitional keyframes you must use the blue ones (that's in the left part).
As I already told you there is so much flicker in your sequence due to improper shooting in A mode that it will be hard to correct it. However I would try to smooth out all that via deflickering but probably the output will not be perfect nevertheless.

The way to go for that sequence is: one keyframe (blue) on the first, one blue on the last. One 2-star left of the jump, one 2 star right. Match the jump in LR.

Then make sure you have a proper reference are for deflickering and turn the deflickering on.

Since you put so much time into this already I would offer you to have a quick skype when you get up (afternoon here) to probably sort out some misunderstandings. Drop me an email if you are interested.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

...also check out: