• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Keyframes turn out very dark

#1 Haugen
All my keyframes turn out very dark. See image.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
I would guess that you added or removed gradients when editing in Lightroom.
It's important that you use only the predefined gradient adjustments and don't remove any of those or add new ones.
Plead start over with the workflow, reset everything with “metadata/initialize“.

Posted mobile via Tapatalk...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Haugen
(2017-09-23, 10:22)gwegner Wrote: I would guess that you added or removed gradients when editing in Lightroom.
It's important that you use only the predefined gradient adjustments and don't remove any of those or add new ones.
Plead start over with the workflow, reset everything with “metadata/initialize“.

Weird. I used gradient filter, but I guess I didn't add any new ones. But I'll try one more time.
#4 Haugen
At every shutter changes during the holy grail, there is a visible exposure change after LRTimelapse. The change is of course not as visible as the original. Do I need to refine the area for every shutter change?
#5 Gunther
Just ist Visual Deflicker to smooth out the residual bumps. You can apply a refine step after the first pass if that's necessary.

#6 Haugen
Does LRTimelapse any editing during the first step of holy grail? Keyframes, Holy grail, save and drag to Lightroom?

Because I have to different exposures of my image after the first step.

Before:

After import:

#7 Gunther
Yes of course, that's the orange curve getting applied to a background layer of the images. Just use the regular keyframes to adjust the brightness via exposure to your liking.

#8 Haugen
I have a really hard time correcting these two exposure bumps. I did overexpose the sky a couple of times when adjusting the shutter speed, but the jump is really visible still after both visual deflicker and reference area.  

#9 Gunther
If the frame before or after the correction is overexposed (blown highlights), you won't be able to correct it since since information then is missing in that frame.

#10 Emericlb
Like Gunther said, if you have a jump you can't fix because it's overexposed, things that can happen if you change your settings when the sun is in your shot (or in your case overexposed sky), you can't fix it with LRTimelapse but you can with After Effects.

Select a few seconds after the jump and create a mask around your overexposed area and move this second layer over the jump. Then create a gentle opacity gradient from 0 to 100%, the 100% has to be before the jump. Then keep your mask on for a few frames and go back from 100 to 0% to come back to the original layer. It saved me a lot of timelapses! 

Also I suggest to always expose for the sky since you'll have more information in your shadows. The ground might look a little underexposed but on Lightroom you can easily get the information back!

By the way, that looks like an amazing timelapse Big Grin

...also check out: