• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Lens and Holygrail

#1 touchthebitum
Hello!
I recently bought the last excellent Lrtimelapse 4 software. I was considering to buy a new lens like the Rockinon 24mm but it wouldn't be compatible with the holygrail function. Is it correct ?
Do you have some suggestion for a wide lens ?
Thanks
Franck
Canon 5D MKIV
Canon 50mm EF 1.4 II USM
Canon 70-200 f4 USM
Zenitar 16mm
Venus lens 60mm Macro
Samyang  2.8/14mm Dandelion
#2 richparry
I can't imagine what your concern is and why you think it might not work, however, I would just the Canon version with the chip. I have the Rokinon 14mm for my Canon 5DM2 and 5DM3.

Rich
Canon user: 5DM3, 5DM2, Rhino Slider (24" & 42"), Emotimo TB3. Use Adobe ACR and AE.
#3 touchthebitum
Since the connected tablet to my 5D should pilot camera and the lens, I thought it wasn't possible with the Rockinon because it is a manual lens.
Maybe I'm wrong....
Thanks
Franck
Canon 5D MKIV
Canon 50mm EF 1.4 II USM
Canon 70-200 f4 USM
Zenitar 16mm
Venus lens 60mm Macro
#4 richparry
The tablet controls the ISO and Shutter Speed of the camera, not the lens. The tablet can also control the lens aperture. I just put my Rokinon 14mm on my 5DM2 to make sure. I also have the 5DM3.

Rich
Canon user: 5DM3, 5DM2, Rhino Slider (24" & 42"), Emotimo TB3. Use Adobe ACR and AE.
#5 touchthebitum
So you have this : Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 IF ED UMC Lens For Canon EF with AE Chip ?
Canon 5D MKIV
Canon 50mm EF 1.4 II USM
Canon 70-200 f4 USM
Zenitar 16mm
Venus lens 60mm Macro
#6 richparry
This is exactly what I have.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/11...angel.html
#7 touchthebitum
Sorry for so many questions.
So you don't have exif data ?
Thanks
Canon 5D MKIV
Canon 50mm EF 1.4 II USM
Canon 70-200 f4 USM
Zenitar 16mm
Venus lens 60mm Macro
#8 Gunther
Normally it's no problem, the only think that won't work is controlling the aperture with qDslrDashboard. But everything else should be fine.

If you don't necessarily need the 14mm, you might have a look at the 20mm f/1.4 Sigma art - optically it's way better then the rokinons and is a real winner for Astro time lapses.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#9 touchthebitum
Thanks!
I'll try the Rockinon for the price and add a focus chip to test it. In the future I'll consider the Sigma.
Thanks for the great software.
Franck
Canon 5D MKIV
Canon 50mm EF 1.4 II USM
Canon 70-200 f4 USM
Zenitar 16mm
Venus lens 60mm Macro

...also check out: