• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

License on a second computer

#1 MajedA
H Gunther.
I have a PRO License on one computer (Mac with Intel processor). I now have a Mac Pro laptop with apple M3 Max chip and Sonoma 14.3.1 MacOS. I downloaded LRTimelapse 6.5.4 today on my new laptop, I copied the .Lic file to the new laptop. Then from Info-> Licensing, I navigated to my documents folder where I stored the .Lic file, but I found out that the file extension is no longer .Lic, but .Log. Nonetheless I tried to activate it but it gives me the following message: License Not Valid, or not for this version. Please upgrade or contact support: support@lrtimelapse.com. Do I need a new license file from you? or do I need to do something else. I purchased the License on 2022-01-08 and it is valid for Unlimited LRTimelapse 6.
#2 Gunther
How can the file extension change, when you just copy the file? I think you might have just copied the wrong file (there is an lrtimelapse.log in the documents folder too, but of course that's not the license file) . Easiest would be to download the license file again from the original email to your new Mac. It's important that the lic file is untouched. You could also use an USB stick to transfer it from the old computer or a cloud storage.
Then activate the lic file as you tried to
If you need me to resend the license, write me a short msg to support(at)lrtimelapse.com

Best
Gunther
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 MajedA
Hi Gunther. Thank you. I did as you advised and it worked. I had to forward your original email with the .Lic file to the new laptop after which I was able to activate the license in no time. Thank you again, an sorry for the bother. Perhaps I should have thought of that myself to start with. Again, sorry for the bother.

...also check out: