• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

License question

#1 Madhaze
Hi Smile

I'll soon be buying a version of LRTimelapse but not sure if the private licence will be suitable for my needs.

My plan is to make a website and use time lapse video's on the main page to make a nice presentation and to give people a reason to check back to see more vids on the website . I'll (hopefully) sell individual photo's from the various scenes from the time lapse but won't be selling or making time lapses for any body else.

I'd like to make "you tube" vids in high definition and put them on the main page of my website etc?? I'll be selling prints from the website , some from the time lapse video's .

Would the private licence be adequate for my needs?

Thanks!
#2 Gunther
Please check the eula, I have explained the term "commercial" use there under point 2B:
https://lrtimelapse.com/eula/
Let me know, if you have further questions.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Madhaze
Thanks for your reply , as I understand it the private licence should be ok as I'm not selling or making time lapses for any one else. I only plan to use them on my website and put them on youtube etc . ?

Thanks.
#4 daaaaaaan
With a private license any stills that you plan on selling the will dozens of difficult to remove exif data entries saying the images is not for commercial sale. Even if you reset and edit the image on it's own. Previous visions weren't as obtrusive. Remember to clear all meta data first. 

You'd think a tool that you pay for wouldn't be so overreaching.
#5 Gunther
It's not dozens of entries. It's only one, the "CreatorTool" property in the XMP data.
You can always copy the image to another folder (don't copy the XMP file) - add some prefix, so that Lightroom does not identify it as duplicate, then add it to the lightroom catalog. The LRTimelapse XMP Data including the CreatorTool will be gone.
This should work with all RAW files, but not necessarily with JPGs or DNGs due to the way Lightroom writes the xmp data into the files.
#6 daaaaaaan
It's more than one field. It's written into the "Software Used" field "Creator" field and the "Application" field. Quite overreaching to leave in un uneditable field in the metadata without resorting to terminal metadata editing. My camera shoots DNG natively and the metadata is written into the file.

When I reset the photo in LR the Non-commercial marking remains. This is v v lame. It used to be limited to the creator field which can be easily edited in LR.
#7 daaaaaaan
So many of my best still images come from time lapse sequences, and when I develop them on their own I don't use LRTimelapse. I just realized this marking is on thousands of my files. Quite frustrating.
#8 Gunther
It has always been like this, I didn't change it since the first commercial release and no one complained yet. You are the first bringing up this point, I understood it and I will think about it.
#9 daaaaaaan
I guess your consideration is all i can ask for, so thanks. It's a great tool for time lapse.

It's funny you say it has never changed. When i look at metadata on old files that have been run through previous version or LRTimelapse and it only changed the creator field.
#10 Gunther
I will change the "Clear Metadata" tool in LRTimelapse 4.7.5, so that it will remove everything including all traces of LRTimelapse in metadata. Then you just have to "read metadata" once in Lightroom and you'll have a clean start.

...also check out: