• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 tbertram
Is it possible to use LRTimelapse with LR2?
One thing I noticed in LR2 is that I do not have the Export Video button that apears in your version of LR3. Unless I am missing something, I am guessing I might be able to do all the development changes but will not have the ability to export video, I could export the images and then assemble them in a third party program like FCP, AE, or Quicktime.
Realy I am just hoping you will tell me to turn on the video export feature.
I am very excited about trying all this out, I have been hired to do a timelapse on an indoor constuction project in a big warehouse with two camera angles. This will be my first project, so wish me luck.
Thanks,
Tom B.
#2 admin_lrt
Hello tbertram,
it's like you said. LR2 doesn't offer the slideshow video export.
Nevertheless you should be able to user LRTimelapse normally (I didn't test it, please drop me a note if you tried it!) but you will have to build the video otherwise, for example with aftereffects. Joachim shared his workflow regarding this and he told me he is going to make a tutorial as well.

I wish you luck with your project!

Best
Gunther
#3 Joachim Buambeki
Hi Tom,

you should be able to use LR2 to export the images as .jpeg files in the resolution you want (1920x1080 for example) and use the free software Virtual Dub to assemble the images to a video sequence.
Apart from the need for intermediate image files, this process doesn't take that much longer.

Keep in mind that Adobe changed the RAW conversion drastically by updating to ACR 6.x.

Best Regards
David
Vimeo <<->> flickr
#4 tbertram
Thanks for the quick responce. I am comfortable with Final Cut Pro, but may give Virtual Dub a try just to see how it works.
My typical workflow for LR is to import my RAW images as DNGs, and I am assuming that this will work (will try it out) since LRTimelapse seems like it's main function is to manipulate the XML data.
Thanks both Gunner and Dave for your help.
Tom

(2011-02-25, 19:29)admin Wrote: Hello tbertram,
it's like you said. LR2 doesn't offer the slideshow video export.
Nevertheless you should be able to user LRTimelapse normally (I didn't test it, please drop me a note if you tried it!) but you will have to build the video otherwise, for example with aftereffects. Joachim shared his workflow regarding this and he told me he is going to make a tutorial as well.

I wish you luck with your project!

Best
Gunther

#5 Gunther
(2011-02-26, 01:25)tbertram Wrote: My typical workflow for LR is to import my RAW images as DNGs, and I am assuming that this will work (will try it out) since LRTimelapse seems like it's main function is to manipulate the XML data.

Currently DNG unfortunately is not supported by LRTimelapse because Adobe seems not to provide a suitable Java-API for Reading/Writing XMP from/in DNG. As soon as I find a way I'll implement it.

Meanwhile you will have to export JPGs, regarding the deflickering this might anyway be the better option.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: