• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Lightroom 3 Pro Slideshow and Video Template Problems

#1 Rudolph
Hello Gunther,
I just downloaded the Lightroom pro templates. I tried to export a sequence of images into a mp4 using the 24 fps slideshow template and the 1620p 3K 24.00 video export preset. Within 10 minutes of Lightroom rendering the video, I got the message below:

Log (5)
Cannot add frame, h264OutVideoPutFrame failed.
info: Creating MainConcept H.264/AVC video encoder ...
info: Version: 8.0.0.47059
info: Platform: Windows 32bit
info: Using library: MainConcept optimized Software Encoder (C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3.6\mc_enc_avc.001)

Once this message appears I cannot continue to render the video. It happens on both the 3K and 4K video presets, but it works fine on the 1080p Full HD preset. I am using Lightroom 3.6 on a 32 bit Windows 7 desktop. Do you have any suggestions as to how this problem can be fixed?

Rudolph
#2 Gunther
Hi, does this happen every time? Have you tried different sequences? Could it be a memory issue?
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Rudolph
(2012-05-14, 16:46)gwegner Wrote: Hi, does this happen every time? Have you tried different sequences? Could it be a memory issue?

Hi Gunther,
I ran a lot of tests today to try to answer your questions and dive deeper into the problem. I had mixed results after rendering 4 sequences; some exported as 3K video just fine and other sequences I tried did not work. I also had the idea of upgrading to Lightroom 4 (which I did) and I reprocessed one of the sequences that was not rendering successfull. After doing this, it actually rendered the sequence successfully as 3K video! I still have not been able to figure out why it wouldn’t work in Lr 3.6 but at least I can now do it in Lr 4.

Thanks for your initial response,
Rudolph
#4 petercoxphoto
Gunther -
I'm seeing the same problem. Macbook Pro Retina running Mountain Lion and LR4. When I try to export as 3k I get the same error after about 5 frames, exporting as 1080P works fine.

Any resolution?

Cheers,
Peter

(2012-05-28, 04:30)Rudolph Wrote:
(2012-05-14, 16:46)gwegner Wrote: Hi, does this happen every time? Have you tried different sequences? Could it be a memory issue?

Hi Gunther,
I ran a lot of tests today to try to answer your questions and dive deeper into the problem. I had mixed results after rendering 4 sequences; some exported as 3K video just fine and other sequences I tried did not work. I also had the idea of upgrading to Lightroom 4 (which I did) and I reprocessed one of the sequences that was not rendering successfull. After doing this, it actually rendered the sequence successfully as 3K video! I still have not been able to figure out why it wouldn’t work in Lr 3.6 but at least I can now do it in Lr 4.

Thanks for your initial response,
Rudolph
#5 Gunther
Hi Peter, no, unfortunately not. I still don't know why in some rare cases the encoder refuses to work, sorry. I think it's a problem/bug with the Mainconcept encoder that we are pushing to the boundaries here. In Lightroom it's not meant to encode in these resolutions/bitrates so we won't get any support from the manufacturer or adobe as well I fear.
#6 tobiasdude
Hi Gunther...

This problem should be solved somehow. I purchased pro templates, book and LRtimelapse 2.2 yesterday and day one, I can't do what is the only purpose of this software. I am having the above problem, with a 17" macbook pro, 2.66 ghz, 4gb, latest LR and latest LRtimelapse. Can export 1080 but nothing higher.

I hope we can find a solution or at least a workaround.

Cheers,

Tobias

(2012-09-17, 11:27)gwegner Wrote: Hi Peter, no, unfortunately not. I still don't know why in some rare cases the encoder refuses to work, sorry. I think it's a problem/bug with the Mainconcept encoder that we are pushing to the boundaries here. In Lightroom it's not meant to encode in these resolutions/bitrates so we won't get any support from the manufacturer or adobe as well I fear.
#7 Gunther
Hi Tobias,
the purpose of LRTimelapse has nothing to do with an encoder bug that is out of my reach. If you are disappointed with the PRO templates (in the vast majority of cases they work, just try the different resolutions for your sequences and follow the advices I gave) - you are free to encode your videos with After Effects after processing in LRTimelapse, no Problem. Only that is costs 150x th price of the PRO templates. In that case I'll refund you the price for the templates, no problem.
But again: this is a totally different product from LRTimelapse itself.

Best regards
Gunther

...also check out: