• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Lightroom 4 vs 5 is it worth the upgrade?

#1 Motorised
I've tried really hard to find a convincing argument to upgrade Lightoom 4 to version 5. If it wasn't so expensive, with the download version from Adobe only £1 cheaper than the boxed version from amazon which includes the postage, I might have been tempted. But as it is, I think I'll wait until version 6 comes out. Especially as version 4 seems to work fine with no pressing reasons to upgrade. Version 6 will be out in about ten minutes anyway.

Unless there is something in version 5 that's not immediately obvious but works better just the same?
Thumbs Up
#2 FableBlue2010
Are you talking about the price to upgrade from 4 - 5 or did you compare prices for a NEW installs.

I like what they have done with LR5, I am glad that I upgraded.
#3 Tayqun
(2013-08-28, 19:10)FableBlue2010 Wrote: Are you talking about the price to upgrade from 4 - 5 or did you compare prices for a NEW installs.

I like what they have done with LR5, I am glad that I upgraded.

The only thing I find useful is the round graduated filters they added ( the radial ones ) they are quite handy for timelapse editing.
#4 philhayward
Adobe wants us all on their CC pricing model anyway so its not entirely clear if there will be a standalone 6...

There is a special offer on LR CC at the moment if you dont want to fight the inevitable:

https://creative.adobe.com/plans/offer/p...+lightroom

...also check out: