• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Lightroom 5.7.1 compatible with LRT version?

#1 Karin09
Hello

I am just getting into time-lapse photography with my DSLR and I own a copy of Lightroom 5, version 5.7.1. I have downloaded an older version of LRTimelapse and it requires a licence to use, so would a licence for 6 be compatible with LR5?

Would LRT6 be compatible with LR5?

I am an amateur, only upload videos to YouTube for my own pleasure basically but am looking to expand my abilities.

I have no need for a cloud service or will be using anything enough for a subscription service, so I need to know what my options are.

Thank you
Karin
#2 Gunther
LRT6 requires Lightroom Classic as it's documented in the License Terms.
It will most likely also run with LRT 6, but not older.

LR Classic is quite cheap, the subscription in the Photography plan is usually less than 10 US$ a month. And you get LR Classic and Photoshop. LR Classic is much faster than LR 5.x and has evolved a lot in the mean time. I think it's absolutely worth the money. Additionally you also get a license for Photoshop.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Karin09
Thank you, I'll give it a go, if it ever finishes downloading.

6 Mbps internet at best.
#4 npaisnel
I am using LR 5.7.1 and basic editing seems to work

The Grid view filters are good
Export does not work,
Do not seem to have gradient filters…

The LRTimelapse Sync Keyframes script works…but it would seem NOT for crops.. but only had paid LRT for about a week so far and tried just once

Last time I used LRT was version 4

I too, only do the odd video, and the costs for total amateurs like us are really very high… a subscription service of even ‘’only ‘ ! ??. $10 per month is too much. Paying for LRT was a very big thing for me. It was the cost of LRT when it was v4 that made me stop using last time

But yea, it seems to work
#5 Gunther
With old lightroom versions you need to set the mask version to 1.0 in the lrtimelapse settings (LRT6).
#6 npaisnel
Yes I did read the install guide and that is set correctly, I set it to 1.0 < 10 /ACR<13 on first instal

I have tried again and it does seem to work...I think maybe it was a Metadata save/reload issue

Playing with the Light Room export plugin now..but not done a FAQ search for this yet..

Saw some message about Plugin designed for 11.4 so i guess it is a matter of locating the older plugins and reinsta;ling with LR Plugin manager.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#7 Gunther
The minimum Lightroom Version for the Plugin is Lightroom 6.
Only on older versions it will show this error.
As you can see in the LRTimelapse End User License Agreement, LRTimelapse requires Lightroom Classic, it will most likely also run with Lightroom 6. But older versions are not supported anymore and I cannot help with them.
Also I wouldn't encourage you to manually install older Plugins etc. because most likely you will screw up even more. LRT checks the interface verision etc.
Please upgrade to Lightroom Classic (or at least LR 6).
https://lrtimelapse.com/eula/
#8 npaisnel
No money for that .. will just live with the limitations

...also check out: