• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Lightroom AI noise reduction

#1 Wjgrimes
The new noise reduction AI with Lightroom. If you use on a key frame, that doesn’t seem to go through the the metadata and they be transferred through the other pictures. Am I doing this wrong, or need to do this another way to rid of noise at high ISO?
#2 Gunther
The AI Noise Reduction converts the original image into another image (DNG). You cannot keyframe that.
If you really would like to do that, in theory you'd need to apply that AI NR to every image in the sequence, after that you could do the LRT workflow on the new DNG images.

BUT: I'd recommend not to doing that! The AI NR will take ages to process for a timelapse sequence and then every sequence will get processed a little different (AI). This is not suited for timelapse processing. For timelapse the results would not be really better then with the way I describe now.

INSTEAD: Use the regular noise reduction on your keyframes, then use a certain amount of "Motion Blur" when rendering. This will smooth out residual noise on the images quite well in the video.

PS: It's always a good idea to use the search feature in the forum before posting a question, then you would have found this thread: https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-wor...0#pid53970
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: