• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Lightroom crashes when exporting large sequences via LRTExport Plugin

#11 giberle
perfect !!!
#12 Gunther
Adobe just relesed Lightroom 11.5 where they fixed this problem. Please upgrade to Lightroom Classic 11.5 asap via the Creative Cloud Desktop app.
Also there is a new DNG Converter, which you would like to upgrade also, link on https://lrtimelapse.com/install/
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#13 swissborder
I am glad that Adobe improved LR, as I already had doubts that my Mac min M1 suffered lower performance than wit earlier LR versions. It is noticeable, that LR starts faster now with V11.5 and read/write task seem to run more fluent.

Indeed, calculating a timelapse sequence for a construction site with almost 5'000 images took longer as usual with this LR issue. Now it seems that the full performance is back again. Processing time in LRTimelapse 10 min., LR had 20 min. for metadata read/write and jpg export and 7 min. for rendering the video back in LRTimelapse. All done in less than 1 hour!

I remember back in 2012, when I started with my first timelapse sequences on a MacBook dual core, taking hours and days to calculate. At this time it happen often, that I had the discard the sequence, as LRTimelapse had not these great features we are glad to use today.

Great Work Gunther!
#14 Bas
Thank you for your efforts!
www.thetimewriters.com - recording the future
#15 Bas
I'm putting in on the test with 40 folders Smile let's see!

btw, why would this not be on there solved buglist
https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classi...ssues.html
#16 Bas
okay, first impression 15.000 photo's spread over 80 folders. (about 200 per folder)
Lightroom is definitily hanging on the fifth photo of the first folder. Same problem as I had before.
Maybe they solved it for large amounts of photo's in 1 folder, but I think multiple folder export is not yet solved.

I will do some more tests, but somehow I don't think this is completely over yet.
#17 Gunther
Hi Bas, on which OS and Version are you working? The single vs. multi folder is a LRTExport thing only, not done by adobe. Please try a singe folder, best try it as I did in the video with the simple export plugin to isolate Lightroom as a cause. See the video that I linked in the first post, to learn how to reproduce it: https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-lig...8#pid52128
#18 Bas
Hi Gunther, for now it seems to work. It seems to be a one time glitch, were a restart helped to solve it. I did to them in trunks of 20 folders this time as well. If I encounter anymore problems I will let you know!
#19 Gunther
Unfortunately some users (currently I've got only reports from users using Macs) still report that LrC 11.5 crashes when exporting large sequences. Downgrading the 11.3.1 solves the issue. That means, that Adobe doesn't seem to have fully fixed the problem despite the fact that I couldn't reproduce it anymore on my systems.

I've informed Adobe about this. If you experience such problems, please also file a bug report at Adobe. Best use my small test plugin (from the first post in this thread) to take the more complex LRTExport plugin out of the equation, this makes it much easier for Adobe to track down the problem.
#20 giberle
Hi Gunther,

i have a sequence with about 690 photos.
yesterday I made the export as TIF (resolution "Original"), Lightroom stopped after approximately 80 photos with the message:

"Ein interner Fehler ist aufgetreten: bad argument #1 to '?' (string expected, got nil)"

after that I tried again with resolution 4K and the export completed without errors

Today I made the export again (same sequence) with resolution 4K and Lightroom stopped after 398 photos with the same message as written above.

i am using the MacBook Air M1 with 16 GByte memory and 512 GByte SSD.

Best regards

Georg

...also check out: