• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LightRoom import troubles 4.7.8 Pro

#1 Thundergod
Hey everyone, looking for thoughts. 
We house our production studio photos on a network drive, as a central location for all photography accessible to all workstations.
Its a fast SSD 60Tb Raid Array, we extremely fast networking to all machines.

Importing the field shoots and updating Catalog in LightRoom CC v6.12

Going into LRTL, we can pull up the same directory folder, access everything as is...
But when we "Drag to Lightroom" into the Catalog.....nothing happens.

The import "add" box comes up, Data Import Locations FROM and TO read correctly...
It momentarily blinks "import" then it grays out, and never allows you to import. 

I thought maybe it was scanning and reading the files. But Lightroom Import just goes dead. 

Any thoughts?
#2 daggel
As you described before the shots are already imported to LR. So its not neccessary to import via LRTL again. Just go to the location pic location in LR and update metadata.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk
#3 joshgray
if it's not that, i've noticed it works better if you are in grid view.
#4 Gunther
Yes, if the images are already in Lightroom, you don't import them again. Just go to the folder in Lightroom switch to Grid View (G) select all images and then "Metadata/Read Metadata from files".
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 tobytimelapse
or Syncronise Folder? I've been wondering is there any difference/benefit between 'update metadata' from metadata menu or 'syncronise folder' after right clicking on folder?

I've noticed Lightroom behaves SLIGHTLY differently between the two
#6 Gunther
I would recommend to use read metadata.

Posted mobile via Tapatalk...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: